stella & chewy's on backorder everywhere

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

If she asked you to find some S&C for her then I wouldn't hesitate to ask 22.99 for the bags.   If her cats haven't eaten this before then maybe just offer her one bag to try no charge and if they don't like it, she can give you the rest of the bag back.  Just depends how you happened to get these bags for her.  Tell us more.
I did post a few days ago:
post #63 of 80

4 days, 18 hours ago

I found two bags of Stella and Chewy's nuggets (the salmon one) at a pet store today and bought both
I think I may give both bags to a co-worker who mentioned that she has not found Stella and Chewy's in the pet stores she goes to. It's pretty much the only thing her cat will eat besides canned. My cats can go without freeze dried food.
She did not ask me to buy the food for her, just mentioned that she has not been able to find it. I['m not sure which pet stores in the area she goes to. When I was at the pet store (one that I frequent often)  last weekend I found two bags and bought them knowing that my co-worker would most likely want them. I offered the bags to her today and she immediately said she would like them and would pay for them.

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
I don't think $20 per bag would be bad at all, especially since your co-worker had been looking for it (even if she didn't ask you to look for her.) But, if you are feeling generous, maybe $15 per bag?

Last edited:

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From Emily, Stella&Chewy's Customer Service Coordinator:

Good afternoon Gail,

Thank you for your note and interest in Stella & Chewy’s. Please accept our apologies for the problems you’ve experienced with our product availability. Due to overwhelming popularity with our freeze-dried products, we have had some difficulty in keeping up with demand, leading to some shortages. However, we are shipping product to our distributors and retail stores every day and recommend you periodically check back to see if their inventory has been replenished.

Everyone at Stella & Chewy’s is working diligently to address the situation and continue bringing you the nutrition you seek and the irresistible taste your pets crave. If you’re seeking a temporary solution in the meantime, we do offer frozen dinners that are identical in formulation and nutrition. Your retailer may have them available or able to special order for you. Again, we extend our apologies for any inconvenience you’ve experienced.

Rest assured, we’re making more product than ever before and have increased shipments to specialty pet stores and online retailers. Ability to find your favorite products should return to normal shortly. We value your loyalty and appreciate your patience.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think $20 per bag would be bad at all, especially since your co-worker had been looking for it (even if she didn't ask you to look for her.) But, if you are feeling generous, maybe $15 per bag?
Thanks

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still no S&C. I have had to order some other brands to try, but none of them come in the individual serving size. The problem with that is Queen Eva refuses to eat the FD foods after they've been opened for only a few days. If she'll even eat either of the brands I decided to try. One, the Only Natural brand unfortunately contains some fruits and veggies, something I do not like to feed and normally would not buy, but I am desperate.

These are the two items I am trying:

http://www.pet360.com/product/55703...e-dried-nibblets-chicken-formula-raw-pet-food

http://www.pet360.com/product/52765...cken-and-lamb-feast-freeze-dried-raw-cat-food

Edit: I did just find a 24 pack of S&C turkey, the .8 oz (individual serving size) on Amazon. Hope the dates are okay, I usually only order 12 at a time.

Last edited:

lilabeth

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have had good luck with the K9 natural chicken and lamb.  I have been mixing it in with Stella and Chewy to make the S&C last longer.  Stella and Chewy is suppose to be moving into their new facility in March.  I am praying that it is the 1st of March so that we can get some food!!!

Last edited:

2bcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Still no S&C. I have had to order some other brands to try, but none of them come in the individual serving size. The problem with that is Queen Eva refuses to eat the FD foods after they've been opened for only a few days. If she'll even eat either of the brands I decided to try. One, the Only Natural brand unfortunately contains some fruits and veggies, something I do not like to feed and normally would not buy, but I am desperate.

These are the two items I am trying:

http://www.pet360.com/product/55703...e-dried-nibblets-chicken-formula-raw-pet-food

http://www.pet360.com/product/52765...cken-and-lamb-feast-freeze-dried-raw-cat-food

Edit: I did just find a 24 pack of S&C turkey, the .8 oz (individual serving size) on Amazon. Hope the dates are okay, I usually only order 12 at a time.

Pet360 has 24 packs of chicken available at the moment.  No 12oz bags.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They were not available last night when I was looking for freeze dried raw. Everything, everything S&C was marked "on back order". Which I why I ordered the other two things to try. I would prefer to stick with S&C it is the only brand that meets all my criteria for a freeze dried raw.

I want only the .8 0z serving sizes. The 12 oz bags go stale too fast for my use.

Last edited:

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still no S
Pet360 has 24 packs of chicken available at the moment.  No 12oz bags.
Thank you! After I replied I went right over to Pet360 and sure enough I was able to get both the chicken and the lamb in the 8 oz packs. had to get 24 count not 12 count but with the way they are behind on orders (S&C I mean) surely the dates will be okay.

2bcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When they're out of stock so much and then come back in the date seems to be pretty fresh. My most recent batch (I use 12oz bags) came with 12/27/15 use by dates. That's as far out as I've ever seen, very recent production, and it's already been a few weeks since I received them. I only buy the chicken. I have enough for weeks so I haven't been looking recently. I got my local store to hold a tub of Rad Cat to try so that will be interesting to see if I can add it to the rotation.

sgsauls

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've been searching for Stella and Chewy's freeze dried cat food for months and months! I'm so tired of the company's obviously untrue statement about unprecedented demand and building a new plant, and that it will be available soon. It has been at least six months now. I give up. I'm now feeding my cats Wysong plus a little Stella and Chewy freeze dried DOG food to help them adjust to new food.

lisamarie12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been searching for Stella and Chewy's freeze dried cat food for months and months! I'm so tired of the company's obviously untrue statement about unprecedented demand and building a new plant, and that it will be available soon. It has been at least six months now. I give up. I'm now feeding my cats Wysong plus a little Stella and Chewy freeze dried DOG food to help them adjust to new food.
You may want to look into Fresh is Best, I haven't used their products, however, they look like a good company. They make FD chicken, turkey and beef for cats and have less veggies then Primal (if you are concerned about the amount of  veggies in FD Primal which is maybe why you are interested in S&C's.  I feed my cats Primal FD turkey, they love it but I wish it had less veggies).

http://www.freshisbest.com/natural-pet-food/cat-food-freeze-dried/

Or K9 Natural:

http://www.chewy.com/cat/feline-natural-chicken-lamb-feast/dp/35429

Last edited:

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't give up! (Though I definitely understand your frustration!)

The stores where I live started getting Stella & Chewy's again a week or two ago... the smallest now has three flavors, up from zero in early or even mid-March. For some reason, the frozen morsels have been more readily available; our cats like those, too, though it's the freeze-dried stuff we feed them all the time, to spice up Primal a bit.

2bcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
FWIW, during that time the supply has been hit or miss for me.  I have always been able to get some, but often I had to wait days for it to come back into stock at one of the online stores.  In other words, the online stores do get shipments, and they do sell out, and that really has been happening for months.

For example, right now I checked Pet360 as I always do, and they do have 12oz bags of S&C freeze dried chicken in stock right now.  The case of little pouches is out of stock.  And I only checked chicken, that's what I always buy.

Just trying to help, I don't have any personal vested interest in whether anyone buys S&C or not.  What I'm suggesting is that if you want to get it, and your are persistent, you can find it available.  It comes available regularly but you do have to keep checking, or at least that is what I have had to do.

riley1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

s&c now make frozen morsels for cats in numerous flavors, including rabbit.  i would *never* feed a food prepared for dogs to my cats.

http://www.stellaandchewys.com/products/cat-dinners/
Thanks, I did find where they had a separate part for cats.  Could not find a breakdown of nutrition information, however.  I will looking for percent of protein, etc.  Someone else posted a link that has all that information which was great.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stella and Chewy's is back in my local stores
One store had all the freeze dried varieties in stock with a couple bags of each on the shelf. I did not check for the frozen raw as I do not feed that. Check your local stores for Stella and Chew'ys