Started with crystals, now I am not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
SO happy to hear that! Yes, continued prayers, & lots of good vibes! Feeling positive & happy energy from you will continue to make a difference too. ;)
Hugs & kisses to Pumpkin.

Kelly

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kellie90

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well of course I jinxed it by posting yesterday.  Early evening Pumpkin started going from litter to litter (only 5-8x) would urinate and then finally the last time had a bowel movement, so I had hoped that maybe that is why the litter to litter.  He did not sleep with me last night, however I checked on him throughout the night and he was always curled up on a blanket in the living room, resting comfortably.  Had the alarm set for 3:30 am for his dose of Prazosin (he is on .50 mg every 8 hr) when I found him wandering from litter to litter producing nothing.  He was not in pain, no crying, however producing nothing...Pumpkin does not hide his pain thank goodness so I can usually catch anything early.  Gave him his dose of Prazosin and then he wanted to eat his breakfast....so we fed him.  He ate everything on his plate, jumped down and started his litter to litter, still producing nothing.  In between litter boxes he would stop and scratch on the scratch post once in awhile, so we now are very baffled.  At 4:45 am I gave him his Gabapentin (1 ml every 8 hrs)...he was still going from litter to litter with no results other than 1 drop.  No crying or acting as if in pain, but starting to get desperate he is now squatting on anything.  At around 5:30 am he finally started to have a few drips and then he urinated a large amount  2x and is now curled up on the dryer on his blanket sleeping comfortably.

What a roller coaster ride this little boy has put us on.  I was ready to call the vet at the first sign of pain this morning because I refused to have him suffer anymore.  I have not missed one dose of any medication, however I was trying to move his Prazosin up to about the same time as his Gabapentin so I was gradually adding 15 minutes in between dosing (as I was having trouble going back to sleep after getting up at 3:30 to dose).  I hope that adding the 15 minutes didn't cause this to happen.  I have no idea what the day will hold for us and my Pumpkin, please keep him in your prayers.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear you guy had a rough night, & even more so for Pumpkin. Lets hope that he is just still recovering from the surgery. That was no small deal, & I'm sure everything down there feels different for him. 

Are you also giving him the cosequin every day?  Praying that he is just needing more time to heal & settle, & nothing more. Praying for his complete recovery! 

Kelly

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

I'm sorry to hear you guy had a rough night, & even more so for Pumpkin. Lets hope that he is just still recovering from the surgery. That was no small deal, & I'm sure everything down there feels different for him. 

Praying that he is just needing more time to heal & settle, & nothing more. Praying for his complete recovery! 
Yes,me too! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kellie90

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry to say that we just got back from putting our sweet boy down.  He had gotten much worse throughout the day, although hard I believe we did the best thing for my little guy.  Thank you everyone for your advice and comments.....I just truly wish this would have had a different outcome. 

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww Kellie, I'm so, so sad to hear that news. 
 I know you did what you felt was best for him, & I know it must have been a hard decision to make. 

R.I.P sweet boy, you were loved, & you will be missed. Have fun playing with the other kitties over the rainbow bridge.  

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Pumpkin. I was hoping he would come along nicely but I guess not. You let him go, you did the best thing you could do. Run free Pumpkin.

Status
Not open for further replies.