Spray To Prevent Scratching Furniture

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Wow that's awesome!
Most of the brick and mortar stores—at least in the U.S.—will match online now to be competitive. Go armed with a website to show them!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GGG

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Most of the brick and mortar stores—at least in the U.S.—will match online now to be competitive. Go armed with a website to show them!
Ugh.. I called and asked... they said it has to be an actual store in Canada

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
Ugh.. I called and asked... they said it has to be an actual store in Canada
How annoying. Well, if she’s scratching only in one spot that shouldn’t require too much spray. I felt like I was spraying half the rugs in the house, and I had to make sure that the cats and their scratching posts weren’t nearby!

• Purraise
Reactions: GGG
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

GGG

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How annoying. Well, if she’s scratching only in one spot that shouldn’t require too much spray. I felt like I was spraying half the rugs in the house, and I had to make sure that the cats and their scratching posts weren’t nearby!
She scratches all over it... I'm going to try it anyway... better than replacing a couch
Thank you so much

Moonlight_wolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You can even get felaway diffusers to diffuse your whole house. Because it’s used as something to help reduce stress in cats. So it’s used to help many different behavioral problems. It’s actually an artificial pheromone that’s meant to tell cats that it’s okay. I’ve heard good things about that too. Because instead of being a deterrent spray it’s more of a calming spray to help stop any stress related behaviors.

• Purraise

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
You can even get felaway diffusers to diffuse your whole house. Because it’s used as something to help reduce stress in cats. So it’s used to help many different behavioral problems. It’s actually an artificial pheromone that’s meant to tell cats that it’s okay. I’ve heard good things about that too. Because instead of being a deterrent spray it’s more of a calming spray to help stop any stress related behaviors.
I use those as well. There are actually two kinds. One is for calming and stress reduction, and the other is to help with aggression among cats in multicat households. Some people find that they don’t work with their cats, but I’ve had good luck with them.

• Purraise