**** Spoilers inside**** I just finished Harry Potter

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yay! I finished it last night. I can't believe I got a copy from the library so soon.

Wasn't my favourite book, that's for sure. I'm glad the series has ended though and the story is complete.

I was disappointed not to find out anything about Crookshanks!!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Yay! I finished it last night. I can't believe I got a copy from the library so soon.

Wasn't my favourite book, that's for sure. I'm glad the series has ended though and the story is complete.

I was disappointed not to find out anything about Crookshanks!!
Crookshanks really didn't have much of a role - not like Hedwig and Scabbers.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It was hinted at that she'd turn out to be something more important in the Prsoner of Azkhaban book.

telynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sneakymom

And the charactors she kills off. Ok, I can understand most of them. But Hedwig and Dobby? Dd was reading it last night- as I said good night to her she said "Poor Dobby".
When my daughter (16)was reading it she was in a different room, and suddenly I hear this loud wail..."NOT DOBBY!!!" I had to chuckle, I knew right were she was in the book. Luckly the rest of the family had already finished it.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I was also thrilled that Mrs. Weasley killed Bellatrix Lestrange. That part made me smile to no end.

EDIT: My husband is very upset that Hedgwig died.
Me too, and they'd better include the smacking down of Bellatrix in the last movie... did anyone else think that Bellatrix was miscast in this last movie??? I totally thought the actress didn't go along with the feeling I got from the character in the books.

Originally Posted by Ashlie

One thing I was really curious about was what happened to the Dursley's and something I was more curious about was I was kind of expecting an exlanation of the veil that Sirius fell through. But all in all I was really happy with the closure and the book in its entirety. Im sad that there will be no more. J.K. really made it clear that there will be no more.
I would have liked to have known what happened to the Dursleys'. I think there was an explaination of the veil somewhere, in one of the earlier books.. Anyway, um.. I'm know she *says* that she's not going to write anymore, but she surely left a ton of space open for more books. I've always been of the opinion that she may say that she's not writing anymore but that she will, indeed, break that word ultimately and write more in the series, even if they aren't specifically about Harry and Voldemort.

Originally Posted by angelkitty

I JUST FINISHED IT LAST NIGHT.. WOOOHOOO...

Anyone wanna talk about it that has finished it too.. I've got so many things I wanna say...

Heather
I'd be happy to chat about it more if you want to PM me.

Originally Posted by Telynn

When my daughter (16)was reading it she was in a different room, and suddenly I hear this loud wail..."NOT DOBBY!!!" I had to chuckle, I knew right were she was in the book. Luckly the rest of the family had already finished it.
I hated that Dobby died too, although I was quite happy about the change in Kreecher.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

You know what "spoilers" means, right?
Yes i do!! That's why i skipped to the end of the thread to tell you i'd be joining soon, once i'd finished the book and know everything that's happened :p

Me no silly

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i thought bellatrix was cast fairly well. maybe a little too over the top wigged out...but definitely insane. i was also happy about kreacher, i knew he had good in him!

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
See, I thought Bellatrix was way over the top..she was very cool and calculated in the books, and not just a looney toon. I had more of the "wicked stepmother" from Snow White or more of a Cruella DeVille (sp)type of feel from the books and I think they played her way nutso in the last movie .. Does anyone remember if she was looney when she came out of Azkaban, and then became more plotting? In the last book she was very definitely in control, haughty, etc.

Well, anyway... I thought Luna was cast well.

I really am torn on Snape. What was up with the dying child in the "in between"???

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter

What was up with the dying child in the "in between"???
That was Voldemort. Remember book 4 - that is what he was before he got his "body" back. It was his manky torn and horrible soul. Probably the part of his soul that was in Harry that had to die for him to die as we were in Harry's "between" place.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't recall it in book 4, but then I need to read the rest of the series over again. I thought it might be, due to the fact that HP references, "I've seen what you become.." or some such like that.. when he's facing Voldemort down.. and thought he must be talking about the wiggling "baby"

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

That was Voldemort. Remember book 4 - that is what he was before he got his "body" back. It was his manky torn and horrible soul. Probably the part of his soul that was in Harry that had to die for him to die as we were in Harry's "between" place.
I agree... JK Rowling also did a webchat that had answered alot of these questions too: Here is the link if ya'll wanna read it, or print it out.. It was very interesting...

http://www.hpana.com/news.20137.html