Spayed kitten

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes they will make a long incision if they can’t find the ovaries, or if the cat is pregnant, or has an infected uterus. They don’t like doing big incisions like that because it take so long to close.
That picture is definitely what you don’t want an incision to look like. She did a number on that. I am glad she is ok now.

Nobody is judging anyone here. Everyone that is on this site obviously cares deeply for their cats, or they wouldn’t be here looking for information.
Yes it was horrible when we finally got her out from under her bed in her room we saw her belly looking like that so I felt horrible... she hid from the fire company and water company people then kept hiding and we figured since she had a cone she would be fine... but no she literally was folding her whole self in half like a lawn chair.

The worst part about that day is we'll for starters her licking the heck out of it... 2nd we were going to leave because the chemical smell was nauseating.. if we would have we would have came back to a burned down house...
We were lucky enough to hear the zap pop noise and get to the breaker in time with no fire even starting

But with Gabby we took her back to see the vet a couple times. The first time was 1 day after this picture and she was given an antibiotic shot and a longer cone
Then about 14 days later we went back again and got oral antibiotics but that gave her really bad diarrhea so we talked to the vet he said he wouldn't recommend stopping the antibiotics (because when given antibiotics you should always finish them) but it was healing fine and it didn't look linfected.. so we stopped the oral antibiotics but this was day 19 and she was pretty much completely healed
I was relieved the 1st time back to the vet that all her internal sutures were still fine and was thankful for the longer cone and antibiotic shot. They were wonderful there and they didn't charge me for the 2 last minute appointments that they squeezed her in.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sure am glad she healed up fine after that, and that your house didn’t burn down.
Thank you. I felt absolutely horrible.. I literally felt like the absolute worst pet owner...
It was a Saturday which is why I called to speak to the emergency vet hospital. I even emailed pictures and they advised that I could wait to see her normal vet. It literally took over 20 days to heal because of the length and her licking it that 1 day. I must add though she is really OCD when it comes to licking. She licks her stuffy just to go to sleep and if she doesn't have stuffy it is then that she will lick blankets or her cat tree.. she is so funny lol
Again thank you for understanding..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Did they send you home with a collar for her to wear to keep her from licking it? Do you have to go back for a suture removal or did they not tell you to. They may have used absorbable sutures. You mentioned that you can't see the sutures. Could you ever? There is something called a recovery suit that can be helpfull, but you may not be able to get it in time. If you don't have an e-collar, you can buy them from Pet stores. You have to be very careful leaving her alone with anything she could possibly get into trouble with, like a collar. Can you set a camera on her when you are net home? I wouldn't leave her with the other cats for at least a week. depending on how it is heeling. You can always call your vet and ask them what to do.

Rat on Crack? I personally don't care for that stuff myself. It should be wearing off soon. I would keep her confined until she is no longer so hyped up and she has healed a little more.
Purr report Little One which is her name is doing good and the zorbium has seem to worn off for the most part. Thank you to everyone who responded and made me feel at ease. 💜💜💜💜💜. Finally sleeping 😁

Attachments

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww thank you for the update on Little One. I have been thinking about her. I'm so glad her spay healing process went so well for her. Again thank you so very much for the update!!! 🙂🙂 she looks very comfy there too 😊

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She was knocked out lol I thought I had her head uncovered until I saw the pic now if she will drink water we will be all good. I wouldn't have made it through this without the sanity of y'all. My deepest thank you!!!!! No one else understood what I was going through but y'all 💜💜💜💜

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes they will make a long incision if they can’t find the ovaries, or if the cat is pregnant, or has an infected uterus. They don’t like doing big incisions like that because it take so long to close.
That picture is definitely what you don’t want an incision to look like. She did a number on that. I am glad she is ok now.

Nobody is judging anyone here. Everyone that is on this site obviously cares deeply for their cats, or they wouldn’t be here looking for information.
I just noticed this part Gabby wasn't pregnant as she is an indoor kitty only and she didn't have an infection in her uterus either... so I'm guessing they couldn't find her ovaries?? I don't know why that would be but anyway just wanted to clarify that part..
And again I love how everyone on this site is so supportive, non judgemental, and try to help with as much advice as one can give..

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She was knocked out lol I thought I had her head uncovered until I saw the pic now if she will drink water we will be all good. I wouldn't have made it through this without the sanity of y'all. My deepest thank you!!!!! No one else understood what I was going through but y'all 💜💜💜💜
Is she not drinking at all

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not that I can see. She is not knocking it over anymore so that is a good sign. I am about to try to get her to drink some now. They are all not the biggest water drinker's to begin with.
Just keep an eye on her urine output. Maybe clean the bowl ? I'll let you know what I do for Gabby and she is a good water drinker.. she is also only on dry food right now 😕😕
Every morning I clean her bowl and give her fresh cold bottled water then half way through the day I either add an ice cube to her water or dump and give her fresh cold water again.. (she loves her water cold) the ice cube thing is only sometimes she likes for it to make the water cold then she takes her paw to get the ice out and play with it sliding it across the kitchen floor.. I usually only do the ice cube the day I'm about to mop just because I know she loves to bat at it after her water is cold again hahaha

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She just licked the water a bit that I had in the bowl. She mostly licked the water off her paws and I will take that. They get wet food too so that is part of it I think it's just going to take some time.
Cats who eat wet food get most of their hydration from the food. So that is good she is on wet food.. if you notice her urine output is a little less than normal you can mix in a little extra water with her food

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just keep an eye on her urine output. Maybe clean the bowl ? I'll let you know what I do for Gabby and she is a good water drinker.. she is also only on dry food right now 😕😕
Every morning I clean her bowl and give her fresh cold bottled water then half way through the day I either add an ice cube to her water or dump and give her fresh cold water again.. (she loves her water cold) the ice cube thing is only sometimes she likes for it to make the water cold then she takes her paw to get the ice out and play with it sliding it across the kitchen floor.. I usually only do the ice cube the day I'm about to mop just because I know she loves to bat at it after her water is cold again hahaha
Haa haa. I will take her licking her paw and getting water that way for right now. I do clean the water bowls often and she is still wanting to rub the bowl. So it should go back to normal soon.

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cats who eat wet food get most of their hydration from the food. So that is good she is on wet food.. if you notice her urine output is a little less than normal you can mix in a little extra water with her food
I am forever in 3 litter boxes cleaning 😁😁😁

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes lol
It's crazy to think about the pure love that we feel for our babies. And the unconditional love they show and give us. Here is Gabby funny little lady sitting like a human in the one hahaha
She is beautiful. I have one like her his name is Romeo 🤣