Spayed kitten

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My kitten was spayed on Wednesday of last week so was her brother she and I have had a time getting through it because of the zorbium they gave her. She has been like a rat on crack. 72 hrs of no sleep for us. She has been a challenge keeping her from licking her site she has the glue off yet inspite of that it looks like it is closing I can't see the stitches today. I said all of that to say this. I have to resume normal life tomorrow like work etc and have two other cats that are fixed. When is it safe to let them be together and will her incision site be okay if she is by herself for 9 hours?

I am just concerned and want her safe. Her brothers can be a bit rough

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Did they send you home with a collar for her to wear to keep her from licking it? Do you have to go back for a suture removal or did they not tell you to. They may have used absorbable sutures. You mentioned that you can't see the sutures. Could you ever? There is something called a recovery suit that can be helpfull, but you may not be able to get it in time. If you don't have an e-collar, you can buy them from Pet stores. You have to be very careful leaving her alone with anything she could possibly get into trouble with, like a collar. Can you set a camera on her when you are net home? I wouldn't leave her with the other cats for at least a week. depending on how it is heeling. You can always call your vet and ask them what to do.

Rat on Crack? I personally don't care for that stuff myself. It should be wearing off soon. I would keep her confined until she is no longer so hyped up and she has healed a little more.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Did they send you home with a collar for her to wear to keep her from licking it? Do you have to go back for a suture removal or did they not tell you to. They may have used absorbable sutures. You mentioned that you can't see the sutures. Could you ever? There is something called a recovery suit that can be helpfull, but you may not be able to get it in time. If you don't have an e-collar, you can buy them from Pet stores. You have to be very careful leaving her alone with anything she could possibly get into trouble with, like a collar. Can you set a camera on her when you are net home? I wouldn't leave her with the other cats for at least a week. depending on how it is heeling. You can always call your vet and ask them what to do.

Rat on Crack? I personally don't care for that stuff myself. It should be wearing off soon. I would keep her confined until she is no longer so hyped up and she has healed a little more.
We have been confined for 5 days now and she is starting to sleep thank goodness. It was done at safe so she doesn't have to go back for removal. I could see the white stiches I think yesterday or day before but it is trying to heal. She is sleeping now yay!!! She won't wear an ecollar she wants no part of it. The room she is in is pretty safe no big things to jump on. I am worried about her incision site. And I don't have a camera.

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Its a place for low cost spay and neuter

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just have to go back to work. I took time off to help her recover and we spent almost 4 days fighting to keep her under control. I am tired lol 😆

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Can you post a picture of her incision site? Is she licking/biting at it or is she leaving it alone?
I will when she wakes up. She needs to sleep as much as she can. She is licking her site all the time. The glue was licked off in our 4 days of tripping on zorbium.

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I do not have the money to take her to a vet so we both have to ride this one out. Not trying to be ugly. I am just letting you know I had to save to get her and her brother fixed and it wiped me out.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I do not have the money to take her to a vet so we both have to ride this one out. Not trying to be ugly. I am just letting you know I had to save to get her and her brother fixed and it wiped me out.
It’s okay. I think everyone here can relate to the financial stress. I am glad you got them spayed and neutered.
Working with what you have. She is most likely, at five days, past the point of her chewing out the suture line and Delhi’s sing her inscision. I’m not a vet and I am not saying it can’t happen, just that she looks to be healed past that point.

At the suspected stage of healing that she is, any damage would be like a hernia or seroma ( fluid filled cyst like structure) from hard rough housing. Keep her away from the boys if you can. I worry they will wrestle and rabbit kick her belly. So, if you can lock her in a room alone with food water and litter for a couple more days it would be best.

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It’s okay. I think everyone here can relate to the financial stress. I am glad you got them spayed and neutered.
Working with what you have. She is most likely, at five days, past the point of her chewing out the suture line and Delhi’s sing her inscision. I’m not a vet and I am not saying it can’t happen, just that she looks to be healed past that point.

At the suspected stage of healing that she is, any damage would be like a hernia or seroma ( fluid filled cyst like structure) from hard rough housing. Keep her away from the boys if you can. I worry they will wrestle and rabbit kick her belly. So, if you can lock her in a room alone with food water and litter for a couple more days it would be best.
She has been in the back room with me. I have taken all the big stuff out so she can't climb high. The boy's can only see her under the door thank goodness. So there is not much for her to jump on other than off a desk and on the back of a futon.

She is in day 5 and she is wearing me out. The zorbium still has her where she doesn't know how to drink water yet. So we are doing training.

Thanks for your advice I so appreciate at it and I really wasn't trying to be rude. Most people right off the bat say take to a vet and I am struggling emotionally now with my chose on her and her pain meds. So thank you for being kind.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have witnessed the zorbium crack babies and it’s not pretty. It really should be out of her system by now. It is exhausting trying to keep a cat quiet when they are spun out of their minds. I hope it completely wears off soon. If she is eating well, add water to her food.

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have witnessed the zorbium crack babies and it’s not pretty. It really should be out of her system by now. It is exhausting trying to keep a cat quiet when they are spun out of their minds. I hope it completely wears off soon. If she is eating well, add water to her food.
I went and bought salmon a small amount to give her water and some omgea fatty acids Dr Google said salmon was good for her. She has been eating like she has the munchies and I feed her wet food too. Zorbium is very scary I really wish there was another alternative. And the zorbium adds to the slow healing process too. Thank you for being so kind. 💜💜💜

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Dr. Google lies sometimes. If her appetite is good, and if she isn’t used to salmon, honestly, I wouldn’t give it to her. You know what’s worse than crack kitty? Crack kitty with diarrhea!

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Dr. Google lies sometimes. If her appetite is good, and if she isn’t used to salmon, honestly, I wouldn’t give it to her. You know what’s worse than crack kitty? Crack kitty with diarrhea!
They didn't get much. She is good in the potty department. And I agree crack kitty with diarrhea would be a mess. They all have been eating good and stools are good too 💜

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is a picture of my baby we almost had a house fire but didn't know... all we knew is that I smelled a chemical smell and like spoiled ham anyway we had fire dept water company come out and no one knew what it was.. about 8 hours later heard a zap pop I ran to flip the breaker off we almost had an electrical fire.. during this Gabby hid and licked her incision.. even with a cone on she folded up like a lawnchair.. Anyway it looks pretty bad with the discharge that is around it but it was healing very well I took her back to see the vet who spayed her 2 times after this to continue check ups..
When they spayed her they made a very long incision.

If anyone is wondering the green tint is the tattoo ink she licked I all away almost She does have like 2 little green dots that are on her belly but for whatever reason it all got licked off..

She had separation from licking the arrows show where the separation is... But it did heal All internal sutures held together.
When we took her to the vet they wiped all this away and it looked very good.. please don't think I wasn't taking care of her because we were.

Actually this was the start of me being on this site I asked for advice everyone was so kind and I called the emergency vet sent in pictures because it was the weekend and they said we could wait til Monday to take her to the vet where she got spayed. Which we did while we were there she got all cleaned up and a longer cone.
Everyone on this site truly is amazing

Attachments

Last edited:

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here is a picture of my baby we almost had a house fire but didn't know... all we knew is that I smelled a chemical smell and like spoiled ham anyway we had fire dept water company come out and no one knew what it was.. about 8 hours later heard a zap pop I ran to flip the breaker off we almost had an electrical fire.. during this Gabby hid and licked her incision.. even with a cone on she folded up like a lawnchair.. Anyway it looks pretty bad with the discharge that is around it but it was healing very well I took her back to see the vet who spayed her 2 times after this to continue check ups..
When they spayed her they made a very long incision.

If anyone is wondering the green tint is the tattoo ink she licked I all away almost She does have like 2 little green dots that are on her belly but for whatever reason it all got licked off..

She had separation from licking the arrows show where the separation is... But it did heal All internal sutures held together.
When we took her to the vet they wiped all this away and it looked very good.. please don't think I wasn't taking care of her because we were.

Actually this was the start of me being on this site I asked for advice everyone was so kind and I called the emergency vet sent in pictures because it was the weekend and they said we could wait til Monday to take her to the vet where she got spayed. Which we did while we were there she got all cleaned up and a longer cone.
Everyone on this site truly is amazing
Wow that is a long incision. I am glad all of you are okay and safe.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you.. we had no clue what It could have been it was the oven range with the light/fan.. we recently inherited this house..
And when the zap pop sound happened it all clicked the kind of spoiling ham and chemical smell... grease and wires causing electrical sparks..

We called the fire dept because of the smell we needed to make sure there were no dangerous gasses in the air.. later when that finally happened we called the fire dept back to let them know what it was incase they ever hear of it again

And yes her incision is so long compared to every cat spay incision that I have seen on here.. I felt so bad for her It took about 20 days for her to heal completely.

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you.. we had no clue what It could have been it was the oven range with the light/fan.. we recently inherited this house..
And when the zap pop sound happened it all clicked the kind of spoiling ham and chemical smell... grease and wires causing electrical sparks..

We called the fire dept because of the smell we needed to make sure there were no dangerous gasses in the air.. later when that finally happened we called the fire dept back to let them know what it was incase they ever hear of it again

And yes her incision is so long compared to every cat spay incision that I have seen on here.. I felt so bad for her It took about 20 days for her to heal completely.
I am only 5 days in I couldn't imagine and you are welcome 💜

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sometimes they will make a long incision if they can’t find the ovaries, or if the cat is pregnant, or has an infected uterus. They don’t like doing big incisions like that because it take so long to close.
That picture is definitely what you don’t want an incision to look like. She did a number on that. I am glad she is ok now.

Nobody is judging anyone here. Everyone that is on this site obviously cares deeply for their cats, or they wouldn’t be here looking for information.