Spay questions

Jess_hix

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just got my 1 year old kitty fixed yesterday. She had a hard time with the anesthesia so she slept in her carrier over night. Today she is acting completely normal eating drinking and using her litter box. She’s already jumping on the couches and going up and down the stairs. My question is will she be ok doing that? Or do I need to try to confine her in a room?

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You need to stop her from jumping if possible and from racing around for at least a several of days to allow the incision to heal, difficult I know. How is the wound site looking, any redness, swelling or weeping. Is the wound still closed. You also need to stop her from licking the area, is she wearing a cone?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jess_hix

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You need to stop her from jumping if possible and from racing around for at least a several of days to allow the incision to heal, difficult I know. How is the wound site looking, any redness, swelling or weeping. Is the wound still closed. You also need to stop her from licking the area, is she wearing a cone?
Wound site looks good. Still closed. No redness or swelling that I could see. She hasn’t tried to lick it too much just licked around it when she gave herself a bath. They didn’t give her a cone, but seems to be ok without it

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds as if she is doing well. If you are concerned at any time, you can post a photo or send one to your vet to see but it seems as if she is ok.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My vet said jumping on/off the couch and going up/down the stairs is fine, but try not to let her jump on/off something like a bookcase or high shelf, that would put too much stress on her stitches. But other than extreme stuff like that, she knows what hurts; she should self-regulate. If she gets crazy hyper you can put her in a room that doesn't have any high places, but most cats do fine.