Spay or not?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leen and alice

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Dont worrt today we took her to a great vet (100% sure of him) and he says she has a really bad fever.. can you imagine .. 41°!!!! I felt TRULY SOOO bad for my baby ! Tis vet even said that that other " VET" DIDNT DO THE SPAY IN THE RIGHT AREA!!!!! HE DID IT IN THE STOMACH!!
Alice will be staying for 5 days there .. send your prayers
Oh and the vet gave her food and water with those little like hose things .. and she seemed better ! ;)

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Really? That other vet who botched the job should lose their license. I've never done a spay in my life and even i know the uterus is not located in the stomach area it's actually closer to the bladder.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any first-year vet student should be able to spay any mammal. . .I don't even know if that "vet" went to vet school or what. It's unfortunate that there isn't stricter regulation in that country :/. But I'm glad you found a vet you like!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so glad she is doing better. At least you can trust the vet she is with now, he sounds like he will take much better care of her. Is he going to spay her once her fever has gone down?

That first vet was truly awful! Are you on Facebook? You should warn everyone you know not to take their pets to him.

leen and alice

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes I know .. that "vet" is a **** , Dont worry everyone Im warning everybody thwt lives here
Alice on the other hand stayed at the vet for two days a nd one night . I took a day off to visit her and went straight to her even yesterday . On Wednesday the doctor gave her some vitamin shots and other stuff and she managed to eat a tiny bit . Yesterday I went again and she was getting better but seemed really depressed . So I took her home . She has a bad case of diahreaa going . But I managed to feed her . The problem is she wont stoo meowig yesterday even till bedtime . Is she scared? Demanding attention , or perhaps confusef?

leen and alice

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hello there!
I know its been forever since I posted anything here,but anyways I have good news:Alice will be getting spayed tomorrow!!:) and Im super anxious btw ..I mean you cant blame me after all that drama happened ..AND DONT EVEN GET ME STAARTED! oh and dont worry everyone this Dr. is a professional and is well known :lol2: Im writing here so I can have a head start on how to give Alice the enviroment for a speedy recovery :vibes: so any information is welcome!:thanks:

maddies momma

TCS member, Crazy Cat Lady!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's great! I'm glad she is doing well enough to be spayed for real now! My thoughts will be with her for sure! I hope this time she has a good experience.
As far as aftercare just keep her in a nice quiet area and keep her calm and comfortable. Make sure that she has pain meds on board for at least three days after the surgery. Wether it's an injectable already given by the clinic, or meds for you to give at home, make sure she has something! Don't let them tell you she doesn't need it. Although I don't think you'll have any problems like that with a professional vet.

leen and alice

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hi everyone!
sorry for not updating sooner. Alice's operation went fantastic!,she woke up from the anesthesia looking very great and when I came to pick her up she was awake but a bit droopy and dizzy other than that she was in good shape. The Vet gave us her cone so she wont lick the wound but later my mom and I found it almost inhumane to do so . So we looked for doll clothes around the house and tried every way possible making sure her tail and "butt" have a hole . We finally decided to buy newborn baby clothes and with some effort and creativity she looked super cute and splendid !:thumbsup:
as far from the eating she eats well although she's always been very picky and eats very little :redheartpump: .. Thankyou everyone who suppoted me through that rough period of time and I'll keep you apdated on the latest progress!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm glad her spay went well.

When I needed to stop one of my cats licking a surgery site I made clothes from one of those elasticated tube bandages. The kind people use to support their knees. The tube is just right to go around the cats body. Just cut some leg holes and tie a knot near the tail so the bandage doesn't droop when they use their litter box.

Vibes for a speedy recovery.

:vibes:

leen and alice

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone!
yes the Site's new update is a bit confusing at first but then you'll figure it out .
Alice is doing GREAT! :) I noticed a lump underneath the stitches .. Should I be concerned?
Oh and I have a question that Im so scared to know the answer to : will she be in heat even after Ive spayed her? (please let it be no!)

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Hector had "false heat" episodes. Vet said it was because a piece of ovary was left behind. She would act in heat but not actually have the ability to get pregnant. This is relatively uncommon though.

Her hormones will still be going nuts until they work their way out.

Is this lump scabed at all? It is possible it is just the incision healing.

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No a lump is normal after a spay. Your vet should have scheduled a follow up appointment for her a week after so they can check her over (should be free of charge). And no she won't go into heat !

leen and alice

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone!:hellocomputer:
Ill try to post a picture of the lump tomorrow because Im on the Computer right now and the picture is on my phone which isnt with me at the moment . Anyways the lump feels kind of squishy and does not hurt her when I touch it

leen and alice

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hector had "false heat" episodes. Vet said it was because a piece of ovary was left behind. She would act in heat but not actually have the ability to get pregnant. This is relatively uncommon though.

Her hormones will still be going nuts until they work their way out.

Is this lump scabed at all? It is possible it is just the incision healing.
how did you deal with Hector's false heats? is it just like the normal heat cycle? and is it going to stay with him forever?

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Hector was too old for me to put her through an exploratory for something relatively minor and manageable IMO. I just kind of put up with it. But the chances of ORS are fairly slim in today's day.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Plus Hector was a fairly small cat. She was only about 7 lbs. This was 15 years ago though when I first got her and through a humane society.

Medical science and procedures have advanced quite a bit in the past decade.