spay/neuter

cougar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was one of the voters against it. The "never will" doesn't apply, just the never did.

-Brandon

spotz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just a little clarification questions for you Brandon:

So you got your kitties already S/N?

If you were to get a kitty that was still sexually intact, you would indeed get them S/N?

Thanks,

Spotz

cougar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well MissKitty was already spayed when we found her. Mac is not neutered. He is actually our only cat that has not been fixed. All our others in the past were.

-Brandon

aquarius

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catman7766

I want to know if you beleive in spaying or neutring, i surly dont. only if htey can do it at there pleasure. i dont interfere with their personal lives.

Thanks for the laugh.

spotz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Brandon...do you have any problems with Mac...him being intact and all?

I'm curious

Spotz

cougar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What do you mean by problems? Medical, behavioral? Other than spraying and the occasional bite, no. We used to have him outdoors, but now he spends most of the time inside. He doesn't even seem to like spraying indoors, just like on my cars tires, and the trampoline, etc when he goes outside.

Peace,
Brandon

spotz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's what I meant, sorry for being somewhat vague.

Thanks Brandon,

Spotz

cougar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No problem. May I ask why you wanted to know?
Not being intrusive, just wondering.

Later,
Brandon

spotz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It seemed to go along with the theme of the thread, and I was curious as to why you haven't had him neutered. Since he's not an offender in the house I guess it makes sense. He sounds like an indoor kitty anyway, so I guess there really isn't much of an unintentional breeding argument to be made for neutering him.

Spotz

cougar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, well not anymore anyway. Like I said he used to be and outdoor cat, but its only been the past couple of months that hes indoors. I personally think thats plenty of time to show how he does indoors, so Im confident he'll stay indoor friendly.
Thanks for understanding

-Brandon

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's the whole reason that Utah started the Hooters for Neuters program. This was from last year:

Hooters for Neuters
No More Homeless Pets in Utah
With the tagline “Real Men Neuter Their Best Friendsâ€, the upcoming Hooters for Neuters promotion is sure to cause a stir. The event is a not-so-subtle attempt to persuade macho men to neuter their macho pets.

The promotion, scheduled for September 19th and 20th, pairs The Big Fix on Tour, our mobile spay/neuter clinic with the Hooters restaurant in Murray, Utah. The neutering extravaganza will feature discounts, Utah Grizzlies prize packs, free food, Hooters women, and signed Hooters merchandise.

http://www.sltrib.com/2003/Sep/09202003/utah/94041.asp

cougar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol, yeah thats was intersting. How well did that go anyway?

Peace,
Brandon

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Whole (non-neutered) males have a much stronger urge to roam. I have read that on average, non-neutered males were found to have patroled territories 10 times larger than those of neutered males. So, if you keep a whole male outdoors (or allowe him outdoors), he is 10 times more vulnerable to the dangers of the outdoors (cars, dogs, humans, other cats etc). Non-neutered males that are kept indoors only, are very likely under a lot of stress, not having a large enough territory inside the home.