Sox had her kittens!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beautifuleyes

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks @norachan ! I appreciate all the helpful advice I can get to get these precious babies off to a good start before they go to their forever homes. How will I know when to start litter training? How do I know when to start feeding the them kitten food?

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
@beautifuleyes - I think they start on wet food around 4 or 5 weeks. I'm not sure when they start litter box training either, as this is my first time with kittens too! I think soon though. Maybe we'll get some further advice. Here's one of mine

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
And here's everybody!
They are getting bigger everyday! Very round little tummies! My thread in this forum is "Kitty Kitty is 66 days pregnant" and "Kitty Kitty had her kittens" or something like that. I should have better pics soon. I do have cute video of them already though. That's one good way to get them all in the picture - lol!

beautifuleyes

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@sarthur2 they are adorable and mine have round little tummies too. All except the orphan but she is gaining weight fast now that she has good nourishment. Will you be keeping any of your kittens?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes! I am spaying and keeping mom, and plan to keep one of the kittens as well. Not sure which one yet. I want to see how their personalities develop a bit more. Mom is so sweet though.

beautifuleyes

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Me too I'm spaying and keeping Sox and one kitten.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@beautifuleyes - I think they start on wet food around 4 or 5 weeks. I'm not sure when they start litter box training either, as this is my first time with kittens too! I think soon though. Maybe we'll get some further advice. Here's one of mine.

Lovely little worried face.

Last edited by a moderator:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And here's everybody!
They are getting bigger everyday! Very round little tummies! My thread in this forum is "Kitty Kitty is 66 days pregnant" and "Kitty Kitty had her kittens" or something like that. I should have better pics soon. I do have cute video of them already though. That's one good way to get them all in the picture - lol!
Round tummies could be a sign of worms passed on by mum.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thank you! I think they are nursing alot and very healthy, and I've not seen worms in mom's stools, but I plan to get them to the vet very soon to find out.

beautifuleyes

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes I agree Sox has done a great job saving this adorable little kitten! I am so proud of her. She does a great job taking care of six babies at one time and she seems to love them all equally.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Sweet little thing, she's so lucky to have been brought to you. Good for Sox and all her babies.

beautifuleyes

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think she's stealing my heart! All of them are really it's going to be so hard to let them go but I know realistically I can't keep them all. I just love them all and they are growing into their own personalities. I love just watching them grow and play. They interact with Sox, each other, and with me. I can't imagine never having had this experience with them. They bring me joy each and every day.

beautifuleyes

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow I can't believe it has been almost two months since I posted an update here! I guess part of what may have gotten me side tracked was on April 14th one of the babies had an accident. Boots tried to follow my fiance out the door and since my door swings shut on it's own and he didn't see him he got caught in the door. We rushed him to the vet and were given two options. He said we could opt to humanely euthanize him or since he was so young he could give him some steroids and give him a chance. We obviously chose option 2. He gave him an injection containing fluids, steroids, and morphine and told us that he only had a 10-20% chance of recovering. I decided I would take his 10-20% and give the other 80-90% to God. For about a week I fed him with a syringe and Sox of course helped care for him too. Every time I held him or fed him I prayed for healing and recovery for him. After about a week he was scooting around like when they first learned to walk and eating small amounts of canned food. About a week and a half or two weeks after I tried putting him on the floor with his siblings and he started to drink from the water bowl and run and play. I think he missed them! Now Boots is doing great! He has moved in with my fiance who had chosen him from the day he was born. He has adjusted well to his new home and has his sister Little Beauty to keep him company as my fiances sister adopted her. We believe he may still have some loss of hearing and vision on his right side.I'm so glad we gave him a chance!
Boots just after his accident
Boots riding with his dad
Boots playing in his new home

As for the other kittens they are all doing great! Sox had surgery on Wednesday and is recovering great! I think she knows that she can't have anymore babies because she has become extra attentive and affectionate to the four left here.
Sox resting with Alex, Tattoo, and Catness
My little Torrie Ann
Four sleepy kittens

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thanks for the update! They are very cute! Glad all is well! :)

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Poor little Boots! I'm glad to hear he's going to be OK. Kittens are amazingly resilient. it's great that you didn't give up on him.

They're all very sweet, thanks for keeping us updated.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor little Boots! I'm glad to hear he's going to be OK. Kittens are amazingly resilient. it's great that you didn't give up on him.

They're all very sweet, thanks for keeping us updated.
Little boots certainly had the will to live.

beautifuleyes

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes Boots is definitely a fighter! He is my little miracle!