Southern Ontario meetup

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

I am all for it (can I bring John and Kevin?) If we want to wait until summer - I'll host a BBQ - I am in Etobicoke. Only about an hour away from the K-W people.

Or if it is in April - I'm good to go as well. May - not so good - new baby and c-section may hold me back a little.
Adrienne, that would be so awesome to have a BBQ. I'm sure some of us could bring something to save you some work (pot luck). Etobicoke is a good central spot too for those coming from downtown TO or the 'burbs.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

I am all for it (can I bring John and Kevin?) If we want to wait until summer - I'll host a BBQ - I am in Etobicoke. Only about an hour away from the K-W people.

Or if it is in April - I'm good to go as well. May - not so good - new baby and c-section may hold me back a little.
That sounds good to me too!!, I'm going to be moving to the GTA May 1st. But if we want to do it before then I can make that work too.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

That sounds good to me too!!, I'm going to be moving to the GTA May 1st. But if we want to do it before then I can make that work too.
Well, I will have a BBQ in the summer then (after the baby is born and when the weather is nice! If you guys also want to meet somewhere before then also that would be cool too.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Woo hoo! Party at Adrianne's house!
Bring on the BBQ.
I can't wait till summer, it feels like winter's been dragging on this year. Mind you I think I feel that every year.

So for the barby we can all bring something along to help out, and BYO drinks.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Woo hoo! Party at Adrianne's house!
Bring on the BBQ.
I can't wait till summer, it feels like winter's been dragging on this year. Mind you I think I feel that every year.

So for the barby we can all bring something along to help out, and BYO drinks.
Sounds good to me - salads and things would probably be helpful. My hubby is a BBQ king - not just stuff on the grill, but smoked, southern style BBQ. Things like brisket and chicken and ribs....yum, I can't wait!

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

13th Annual All About Pets Show

Join us on March 24-26, 2006 for Canada's premier pet showcase held at the
International Centre, in Toronto. Featuring over 170 informative exhibitors, parades, pet challenges and much more. Visit www.pets-show.com for more information.
Is anyone going to be attending this show at the International Centre this weekend? I went last year and I have a 50/50 chance of going this year. Since the weather is supposed to be nice this weekend I might take a trip to the cottage.

Ady, if you need any help with the BBQ let me know. I'm the closest to you and I have no problem in helping you organize it.
But just to warn you, I'm out of town every long weekend. The summer is so short I try to take advantage.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It won't be on a long weekend. But just a regular weekend. BBQs are easy to organize - people might have to bring some extra lawn chairs if we get everyone coming (and partners are welcome - they can commiserate with other partners).

I would like to go to the pet expo, but I am waddling too much to walk any distance right now!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How is everyone feeling about a GTA meetup?, still up for it?, If anyone is interested in a get together PM me and we'll get something set up

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Now it's all summery I think it'd be great to have a get together!
I'm guessing Ady is just a little too busy these days to host a BBQ, but we could still met up at a restaurant.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Now it's all summery I think it'd be great to have a get together!
I'm guessing Ady is just a little too busy these days to host a BBQ, but we could still met up at a restaurant.
That sounds like a great idea!

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in for sure! I'm often down in TO taking the fosters down to the PetSmart for adoptions. It would be really neat to put faces to all the wonderful people on here! (and to talk about my kitties with people who's eyes won't glaze over! lol)

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I probably wouldn't make it, I never go to Toronto.
Is it the driving you don't like Natalie?..perhaps we could all meet on the west end of the city or somewhere like Hamilton or KW to make it more inbetween for everyone?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm up for it. I live in the Guelph area so have no problems doing a car-pool kind of thing if anyone needs a lift. Would the Mississauga area be better than going right downtown TO? Perhaps someplace near the 401/427 area?

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I'm up for it. I live in the Guelph area so have no problems doing a car-pool kind of thing if anyone needs a lift. Would the Mississauga area be better than going right downtown TO? Perhaps someplace near the 401/427 area?
That sounds like a wonderful idea...and I would like to suggest a date (just to get the ball rolling) how about the weekend of July 8/9? The Saturday and Sunday work well for me.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

Is it the driving you don't like Natalie?..perhaps we could all meet on the west end of the city or somewhere like Hamilton or KW to make it more inbetween for everyone?
Yes Tracy, my car is really old and I don't really feel comfortable driving it for long distances...I might be able to convince Ken to drive me though, he always has stuff to do in that area.. Definately a little closer than Toronto would work best for me

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know both me and Leli would be in....July 8th Im in Montreal though, so Im only available on the 9th....anywhere between Whitby and London works for me

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
July 8/9 I'll be out of town. How about the end of July or beginning of August? A Sunday would work better for me.

Or you guys can meet and I can get together at a later date. I'm close to Tracy but a little far from everyone else.