Southern Ontario meetup

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know this was discussed in the summer last year, but is anyone still interested in getting together?

I can't meet outside of the GTA, as I don't have a vehicle, but if we could do something in Toronto, or one of the suburbs that has access to transit, I would definitely be up for it, and would be able to help organize a meeting spot.

Anyone else interested?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, that's 2 of us so far... I know there are plenty more GTA'ers out there!

4kids4cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Depending on the day and time, I might be able to be there.

My mom works on the Cat (Fast Ferry) If the Cat is running that day, it would be perfect. She can get me on free
Rochester is only a two hour boat trip away!

Bobbie

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4kids4cats

Depending on the day and time, I might be able to be there.

My mom works on the Cat (Fast Ferry) If the Cat is running that day, it would be perfect. She can get me on free
Rochester is only a two hour boat trip away!

Bobbie
You're right, it's not far at all if you take the Cat. It would be great to have you come. I'm sure it would be a weekend thing.

If I go by last summer's numbers, there are about 10 of us in Southern Ontario, but I know a couple don't post here regularly. Hopefully more people see this thread, and who knows, perhaps come spring there will be another TSC meetup!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leto86

I live just south of London.. but it would be too hard to get up to TO area.

Good luck though!
How about Mississauga? St. Thomas is only about 1 1/2 hrs from Mississauga. We go to my in-laws in Ingersoll in about 1 hr. 15 minutes.

sammie5

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm interested, anywhere west of Toronto (or in the west end of the city). I'm in Hamilton. Depends on timing, though.

How about we pick a date first, then depending on who is available, firm up a location.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd be interested too. I'm in the K-W area, but could make it into TO, probably on the GO though.

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mississauga sounds feasible for most of us. How about a Saturday or Sunday afternoon in late March/early April when it's a bit warmer?

Perhaps we could meet up at a Mandarin or Kelsey's -- one of the larger chain restaurants.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That sounds like fun!!, I am really hoping to get into the SW Ontario area in Feb or March...I would love to be involved!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

I'd be interested too. I'm in the K-W area, but could make it into TO, probably on the GO though.
I live in Rockwood so I could meet up with you and I could drive us both to the meet.

cyber cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I live in Orangeville; it takes me 30 minutes to Brampton, so it should take me about 45 minutes to get to Mississauga. I would love to meet up with everyone

Anytime is good for me, I'll be there!

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I should be able to make it, too. Anywhere in the GTA could work for me....I'm near Newmarket, but I have access to a car, so as long as I can schedule it with work, it should be no problem. I like the idea of waiting until it's a little warmer....makes it less likely we'll be snowed out or something.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is a great idea! I never realised how many of us there are here.
Yosemite - I might just take you up on that offer!