Somethings happened at one of London's main tube/train stations...

lotsocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lotsocats

I've been going crazy over this. Three of our faculty (I'm cat sitting for one of them) and a slew of our students are in central London right now. My university is in a mad frenzy trying to find out if they are okay. We have heard nothing from them.
We have heard from everyone and all are fine. It turns out that they were about a mile away from the closest bombs. I can't imagine how frightened our students' parents must be!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I'm glad you made it hope okay. Its so wonderful to know that people are reaching out and helping one another. (speaking of that I'll hoist a extra glass of wine for you guys tonite-its the least I can do
)
Have a restfully evening.

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*hugs everyone* you all do somethig to relax you and take your mind off the attacks for a while before bed. you need to make sure you're clear of it (as best as you can be) before you go home or you'll have horrible dreams Remember you're all safe now, but my heart goes out to everyone that lost friends and family due to this.

A word, though, about the bigotry that may start during this. Remember, whomever set up these bombs didn't care what race you were and what religion you were when you boarded. I'm willing to bet that some muslims were killed or injured because of this as well. Please remember that not all muslims are this type of horrible person. Respect them, and, please, you know what, ask them if they lost anyone rather than feeling hostile about it. Make a friend. it will help to keep you focused on the fact that all muslims don't feel that this is right.

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As someone who dealt with 9/11....don't be alone right now. You need your family around you. Don't go in tomorrow. Find someone to talk to...a priest, a hotline, a counsellor. You need to acknowledge fear and battle your way thru it.

Hugs to all of you. Stay strong, stay resiliant, stay positive.

cazx01

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
so glad everyone in London is ok, we heard this in work today and my heart sunk, i couldnt even get on here to see if everyone was ok

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Malakai711

New York is on High Alert for a terror attack as well... It seems as tho this was planned for whichever country had gotten the Olympics... When will this ever end??
I highly doubt it was related to them getting the Olympics. In the past all of these terror attacks are planned years in advance! I think it is coincidental.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been keeping up with this thread, if not responding all day.

I'm glad everyone's loved ones, colleagues, students, friends, are all accounted for so far. I'm very happy that you were able to make it home, Gilly. What lovely ladies you found to bring you home! Angels walk among us every day, but in bad times they show themselves clearly.

goosehazel

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Up to my eyeballs in Thomas the Tank Engine undies
I would just like to say that I am glad and proud to be part of a group of wonderful people who care so much about people they have never met. It really helps me stay positive in times like this to know that there are so many good hearted people out there who care about others, no matter what. And I'm glad to hear Gilly made it home okay. So, I just want to thank all of you who helped support everyone in London because you indirectly helped keep my spirits up as well, even though I'm an ocean away from the horrible event that has happened. You are all such wonderful people.

yoviher

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I've been keeping up with this thread, if not responding all day.

I'm glad everyone's loved ones, colleagues, students, friends, are all accounted for so far. I'm very happy that you were able to make it home, Gilly. What lovely ladies you found to bring you home! Angels walk among us every day, but in bad times they show themselves clearly.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lotsocats

We have heard from everyone and all are fine. It turns out that they were about a mile away from the closest bombs. I can't imagine how frightened our students' parents must be!
So pleased you've heard from them and that their ok

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just want to add that my family and I are also praying for all the people of the country. My stepbrother was in his dorm at New York University when 9/11 happend. We understand how you all have felt today not knowing where your family, friends, and co-workers are. All we knew about Alex was that he was typically out for his morning jog in that area at the time and that his dorm was just a few blocks away. I am glad to hear the good reports comming in too. I havn't read all the posts in this thread yet, but I wanted to be sure to respond to all you dear TCSers!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by turtlecat

I'm willing to bet that some muslims were killed or injured because of this as well. Please remember that not all muslims are this type of horrible person. Respect them, and, please, you know what, ask them if they lost anyone rather than feeling hostile about it. Make a friend. it will help to keep you focused on the fact that all muslims don't feel that this is right.
It's just been on the news that on Edgeware Rd in London where most muslims have shops, cafes etc... they now wonder what this will bring for them?!.

abbeycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm waiting to hear from so many friends and relatives

there should have been security.. all the leaders in scotland with half the police.. talk about leaving open for attack

I'm still shaking and I feel really woozy

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

It's just been on the news that on Edgeware Rd in London where most muslims have shops, cafes etc... they now wonder what this will bring for them?!.
Unfortunately, this will bring fear and suspicion and hate and distrust. They may even find people are afraid to frequent their shops. But this will change with time.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbeyCat

I'm waiting to hear from so many friends and relatives

there should have been security.. all the leaders in scotland with half the police.. talk about leaving open for attack

I'm still shaking and I feel really woozy
Abbey have you tried the emergency help line number?

abbeycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can't get through, I am trying to mentally make a list of all the people I need to contact.. most of them are my friends over for holiday in london and I don't have contact numbers.

chester&piper

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just finished reading through the thread. What a horrible day you all have had.
When I heard about what happened, the first thing I thought of was all the UK TCS'ers, and hoped that you were all safe and sound. I'm so glad to see you all here.

I'm sitting here shaking my head wondering what this world is coming to.
What is wrong with people?

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbeyCat

I can't get through, I am trying to mentally make a list of all the people I need to contact.. most of them are my friends over for holiday in london and I don't have contact numbers.
Abbey i think theres a number on sky news as well, because at the bottom of the screen people are sending messages saying that their ok etc...

malakai711

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

I highly doubt it was related to them getting the Olympics. In the past all of these terror attacks are planned years in advance! I think it is coincidental.
I dont think it was coincidental that the bombs went off at the exact times of the World Trade Center Bombing..