Somethings happened at one of London's main tube/train stations...

ash_bct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh good God! I haven't been able to get on TCS all morning and I was so worried about you all! I am SO relieved that you are all here and ok

I didn't have to go to work this morning b/c the BFBS/BATUS (British side of the base, where I work) was shut down. When Brandon called to tell me to stay home I thought something had happened here
(where Brandon works, part of the Canadian side stayed open) I heard from a girl I work with and it is a zoo out there.

I can't imagine what it is like over there
My work is like a little island of the UK over in Canada, well, I guess it actually is. No one can get through to their families still and I just feel so bad not being able to help.

Sorry for rambling
Thinking of you all!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The site is being very slow to load sometimes - I've been having trouble as well during this past hour.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It took just over 3 hours. Part walking, part driving. I walked to Camden Town then I managed to get a lift with some ppl going my way via car. They were walking with me and said they had parked in North London so I just went with them! Two ladies with one of their 6 yr old children. They helped me a great deal as to make things worse, we had some torrential rain this evening. I didn't even know these two ladies but they were so friendly!

They were driving to Seven Sisters in Tottenham so I said to drop me there and I would catch a bus to Walthamstow. In the end they drove me right to Walthamstow cos all the bus stops were jam packed! I gave them £10 to buy some toys for the little girl but they wouldn't take it... But in the end I made them take it! In a cab, in all that traffic I think it would have cost about £40/£50! Thank you to these two ladies for your help tonight

I hope that other Londoners manage to get home tonight to their families and homes. And I am thinking of those whos loved ones will never get back home too. My thoughts are with you all

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

Please stay safe. Our thoughts and prayers follow you home Gilly.
Now that did make me cry! Thanks though, it was really sweet

malakai711

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
New York is on High Alert for a terror attack as well... It seems as tho this was planned for whichever country had gotten the Olympics... When will this ever end??

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
We are all so thankful you are home Gilly. May you find some peace and rest after such a horrible day. It is always amazing how out of the terror, so many have kind hearts and are willing to help strangers. God bless those kind souls who aided you and all of the others caught in this.

Jana

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear you are home safe and sound Gilly! You must be so relieved. And that was really nice of those people to give you a lift. Now go snuggle with Guiness and try your best to relax for the rest of the night.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh i thought you knew them!. How sweet was that of them

It said on the news that people were giving strangers lifts and offering them places to stay even

Your home safe thats what counts Gilly!

It's so sad
I watched them on the news giving a guy cpr on the stretcher as they wheeled him into the hospital
I wonder if he made it?. From what i saw he didn't look very old

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So do you guys report to work tomorrow? Or do you stay home and wait for the all clear? The images on the television are horrendous, I had to turn it off, so much suffering- yet so much dignity among the sufferers

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have turned the TV off. I watched it for about 10 mins when I got in but I can't take anymore. It's been a really long day.

We still don't know if we can get to work tomorrow. We just have to wait and hear what the advice is to ppl that use the tube and travel to central London etc.

I am 27 and have been commuting into the west end and city via the same tube line for the past 9 years. This is the first major incident that has happened. Okay, we have had the usual bomb scares over the years, but you just get used to it and accept it's part of everyday commuting life. Suspect packages are found every week on the tube etc.

Obviously today was different. It wasn't just scares but reality. It has hit home to me big time...My tube travels through Kings Cross every single morning. It could have easily been the tube I was on. Like thousands of Londoners, if and when the tube is up and running I will be really scared to travel. But life must go on and we can't let these muppets win.

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Gilly

It took just over 3 hours. Part walking, part driving. I walked to Camden Town then I managed to get a lift with some ppl going my way via car. They were walking with me and said they had parked in North London so I just went with them! Two ladies with one of their 6 yr old children. They helped me a great deal as to make things worse, we had some torrential rain this evening. I didn't even know these two ladies but they were so friendly!

They were driving to Seven Sisters in Tottenham so I said to drop me there and I would catch a bus to Walthamstow. In the end they drove me right to Walthamstow cos all the bus stops were jam packed! I gave them £10 to buy some toys for the little girl but they wouldn't take it... But in the end I made them take it! In a cab, in all that traffic I think it would have cost about £40/£50! Thank you to these two ladies for your help tonight

I hope that other Londoners manage to get home tonight to their families and homes. And I am thinking of those whos loved ones will never get back home too. My thoughts are with you all
That made me cry. With so much ugliness going on right now. You can always find the rainbow.

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guys, I think I might head off to bed and try and sleep (with a Baileys to help chill me out..
) I shall report in tomorrow when I know what's happening.

Thanks once again to EVERYONE here who has shown support today, to me, my fellow Londoners and Britain!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Guys, I think I might head off to bed and try and sleep (and a Baileys to help chill me out..
)

Thanks once again to EVERYONE here who has shown support today, to me, my fellow Londoners and Britain!

You go and relax Gilly and we'll speak to you tomorrow!

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have turned the TV off. I watched it for about 10 mins when I got in but I can't take anymore. It's been a really long day.

We still don't know if we can get to work tomorrow. We just have to wait and hear what the advice is to ppl that use the tube and travel to central London etc.

I am 27 and have been commuting into the west end and city via the same tube line for the past 9 years. This is the first major incident that has happened. Okay, we have had the usual bomb scares over the years, but you just get used to it and accept it's part of everyday commuting life. Suspect packages are found every week on the tube etc.

Obviously today was different. It wasn't just scares but reality. It has hit home to me big time...My tube travels through Kings Cross every single morning. It could have easily been the tube I was on. Like thousands of Londoners, if and when the tube is up and running I will be really scared to travel. But life must go on and we can't let these muppets win.
Wow, it does give one pause, it could be anyone.

In a way, even though we feel less safe, we are more safe after this happens cause security is up and they generally don't attack quickly after.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marge

Wow, it does give one pause, it could be anyone.

In a way, even though we feel less safe, we are more safe after this happens cause security is up and they generally don't attack quickly after.
Your so right Marge!, but isn't it awful that it takes something like 9/11 and this to make it happen