somebody help me... HELP

bastfriend

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The kittens are adorable!   So good to see a happy ending.    Ally does look like she doesn't feel well but is so pretty, has she had bloodwork?  Is her in-go and out-go doing okay?  (drinking, eating, peeing, pooping...you know)    

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She eats well, eats a lot actually and poops and tinkles right on schedule.... The kittens and her use a separate litter box than my other cats.  I keep them separated. 

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Maybe it has just all been such a stress for her, and now that the pressure is off, she can collapse.  Happens with humans.. I wonder if it's the same with cats?

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Possilby.......  I'll just wait and see.  This morning she shared her soft food with her babies and is just all over the place.  Maybe she is still on the night shift???

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
That's feasible.  An all-over-the-place pussycat body clock.

bastfriend

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She sure looks way better than at first, still thin but her fur has a pretty gloss to it and her eyes look good.   Maybe she just needs time!  Restoration vibes 
  for Ally.

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are probably right Bastfriend.  She has been through h**l and back the last year.  And time is probably the only thing she needs.  And yeah, her eyes are clear and in good shape and so are the kittens and for that I am thankful.  I have thought about this a lot and she had them hid in an area where there were no other strays or ferals in the vicinity.  I mean, they were in a downtown lot that just happened to be overgrown so there were no other cats with disease that they came in contact with.  Trees in years past had been downed and then vines had grown over those.  Perfect hiding place.  They were lucky in that aspect, but on the other hand, there was no food there either. Ally would not have lasted much longer nor the babies.

I have the stuff to make raw food right now.  I am going for the chicken variety.  I bought a bag of wild kitty homemade cat food mix, which I have never used before.  But today I went and bought a few extra ingredients to add to it.  (Taurine and cranberries and bone meal).  I also add vitamin B complex and C.  What I bought makes 6 lbs.  If they like raw, I might just use my old recipe.  I think that will perk her up and be her optimum diet to get her healthy.  Before I make it, I am going to find my old recipe and see what I can do to make it the most nutritious for her.

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ally is doing good.  I have her eating one raw meal a day and it has really  helped her....  I think her breathing is better.  The babies are growing like weeds.  They are eating one raw meal a day too and they are shiny and beautiful. 

Today we placed a 2' piece of wood across the door and opened the main door.   That way the dogs could not get in.  The babies did not come out, but they peeked over the top several times.  It won't be long before they will be moving around the house.  

Sparkle loves to purr.  She purrs loud enough that you can hear it from several feet away.  The little boy still doesn't like to be touched but he is coming out in the open more and more.  He is curious, large and extremely beautiful!  They have really blossomed.  I am off the next couple days and will try to get a picture or two.

Last edited:

tracyq

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much, jcribbs! I can't tell you how happy I am to have found you guys. Like I said, I'm in the process of moving, and have my outside girl to figure out. Once the move is complete, I hope to be very active in the forum, and especially hope to have great news about my girl to share! :O)

don1945

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I sure hope your Mama kitty is ok.  It gets scarey when they seem to have no energy like that.  But cats do sleep a lot, especially when they feel safe.

I'll add a final chapter to the story of Snowball, who we trapped.   We found a very nice lady who loves Siamese cats and she came over and visited Snowball and they got along great, so this week Snowball was adopted.  It is sad yet happy for me, I was getting very attached to her, but I knew I just had to let her go.   It feels great to know she has a good home and won't face dying in the outdoors like probably what would have happened if we hadn't trapped her.

She has been renamed Lily by her new owner, but to me she will always be Snowball.

Don

tracyq

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry about the repeat posts - submit didn't return me to the thread so I thought it didn't "take"!

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don, I have had cats that hold a place in my heart too..... Buddy is one of mine that has chosen himself a home just recently.  It's just down the road so buddy has two homes now, but he has been spending most of his time at his new place, who is just over the creek from us.

He is an older cat who we have had quite some time -- several years actually.  He was abused prior to us taking responsibilty for him.  And just recently he has been spending maybe two nights or so at our house per week, and the rest of the time, he would disappear..  It worried us greatly and I have spent days looking for him the last month or so.   As it turned out, there is an old  and very lonely man about 1/2 a mile from us on the other side of the creek that Buddy's has been visiting and keeping him company.  We mow this man's yard and help him out with things occasionally ourselves.  My husband built him a porch etc... Well, Buddy has been going up there and seeing him and the old man did not know the cat was ours.  He has been sleeping in this mans house, snuggling him at night and sitting in his lap while he watches TV, which is Buddy's forte.  He has a litter box up there and a food bowl and this man loves him.  He thought he was a stray. 

My husband went and checked on the old man last week and discovered his "cat"....  We gave him Buddy with the understanding that if he ever needs to go out of town, we'll keep him for him.  Juan could tell when they talked, he was worried we were going to take buddy home.  Juan came home and we discussed it and decided to let him keep Buddy.  We'll keep front-lining him and giving him his shots so we'll know he is healthy, but this old man and Buddy are both happy together.  Buddy has always been a needy cat that loves to snuggle and this is the perfect place for him and this man is perfect for him as well.  This old man needed something in his life to love and maybe buddy knew that.  He is a cat with great people instincts. I miss him but I know he is okay and loved.  And I still get to see him and I know he is happy.  And this old man is thrilled.  He is totally alone except for his Buddy.... Buddy comes to see me about once a week now, but I don't worry about him any longer.  The joy on this man's face when I pass his house and wave is totally worth it.   He has a friend now that keeps him company.

This is the latest picture of buddy I have taken.  He had been gone for several days and this was after he got back and was snoozing in the chair with me. .  This was a week or so ago ....  He is just a sassy tom kitty...... I have not seen him since I took this pic.  He is at his other house..... haha

===================

And now --> my new babies.....  I made them a little hovel in the covers this morning for them to sleep in and they actually found it.  They have been laying in it all day.  They are definitely nocturnal.  We have also made some progress with the "closed door"...  I keep it open when I am home with a short blockade to keep the dogs away from them until they get a little bigger.  They have not came out of the bedroom yet, but they peek out. A couple of my cats have went in the room and met them and no problems so far, but mama still guards still from the other animals.  She stands watch when another cat goes in the room. 

But this is their today pic....  They have just blossomed into beautiful little kittens... Sparkle is in front and the boy is in back.  I am still not sure what to call him.  They look so much alike that when they lay like this it's hard to tell them apart.....  Sparkle has a little white spot on her chest....  They are both fat, shiny and healthy looking.  Mama seems to be doing better too.  She is still slender but seems to be gaining weight at a faster pace now .  I am starting to think that it is just taking her longer because she was so skinny and in such poor shape.  

Aren't they the cutest things?

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sure hope your Mama kitty is ok.  It gets scarey when they seem to have no energy like that.  But cats do sleep a lot, especially when they feel safe.

I'll add a final chapter to the story of Snowball, who we trapped.   We found a very nice lady who loves Siamese cats and she came over and visited Snowball and they got along great, so this week Snowball was adopted.  It is sad yet happy for me, I was getting very attached to her, but I knew I just had to let her go.   It feels great to know she has a good home and won't face dying in the outdoors like probably what would have happened if we hadn't trapped her.

She has been renamed Lily by her new owner, but to me she will always be Snowball.

Don
Aww Don, that's good news. I'm glad Snowball found a home. She is a beautiful girl!!!!!!  "A pretty new name, for a pretty little girl.

tjcarst

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
jcribbs - You might want to have the discussion about cat health.  If Buddy isn't eating or acting like himself for a day, the neighbor should let you know.  A full week could be detrimental to a cat.  Perhaps the neighbor is not familiar with how good cats are at hiding pain/illness.  

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
I think it is just fabulous that Buddy has taken on his new mate.  Deep down in his pussycat heart he knew your neighbour needed him (and of course it helps that he's loved to pieces and gets heaps of cuddles).  The fact that you're so close by and can keep an eye on him is an added benefit.  I think it's a lovely story.

And your kittens are just adorable!  Glad Mum is gradually improving.

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
jcribbs - You might want to have the discussion about cat health.  If Buddy isn't eating or acting like himself for a day, the neighbor should let you know.  A full week could be detrimental to a cat.  Perhaps the neighbor is not familiar with how good cats are at hiding pain/illness.  
OH Buddy eats awesome......  He is quite fat and sassy.  He eats cat food plus he hunts...  There is nothing wrong with Buddy's health... He is very very healthy.  I might have phrased something wrong in my post....

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it is just fabulous that Buddy has taken on his new mate.  Deep down in his pussycat heart he knew your neighbour needed him (and of course it helps that he's loved to pieces and gets heaps of cuddles).  The fact that you're so close by and can keep an eye on him is an added benefit.  I think it's a lovely story.

And your kittens are just adorable!  Glad Mum is gradually improving.
I think Buddy  knew that old man needed him too.....  My husband said when he went up there last week, Buddy was sitting in the chair with him purring.  And yeah, it is great that we are close by.  Buddy is a good cat!  You know, this old man is just a big old guy who wear overalls and boots and a big hat.  He has a big wide beard.  He looks like a grizzly adams kind of man.  I bet he is around 65 or so years old.  He's just a good old man and Buddy knew it.

bastfriend

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The story of Buddy and his friend is so sweet! 
    And the kittens look like they are just thriving....the little boy kitty has kind of daydreaming look to me.