Sombra

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Juniper is delightful, as always, golondrina golondrina . Thanks for asking! She is becoming more of a snuggly lap cat during the winter, which I'm enjoying, and alternates between sleeping like a little fuzzy rock during the day and tearing around the apartment chasing bugs at night.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Etarre, I have often read about cats being very active during the night to the point of waking their humans. It is not my experience. Sombra joins me for the night as soon as I go to bed and turn the light off and I find her lying next to me when I wake up in the morning. She normally remains awake all morning playing and keeping me company whether I am busy at my desk or computer or in the kitchen. After her midday wet feeding she climbs her cat tree for a long afternoon napping. This routine has been altered by her recent illness sleeping many more hours during the day except for the night hours that she continued to spend in bed with me as usual.

My late Cucumella also spent all night lying in bed next to me without ever disturbing me.

Last edited:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I didn't sleep through the night as I usually do. I remained awake for several periods. Sombra, who normally sleeps by my side without disturbing me in any way, kept coming to me with her kneading and kisses. Was she trying to help me? Do cats know when you are in trouble?

It is now 10 am and Sombra is catching up with her sleep on top of my desk while I'm busy at my computer which seems to confirm that her sleep was disturbed during the night.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think cats can tell if something is wrong or unusual. Years ago my two cats,sadly gone now, slept at the bottom of my bed when I was ill. They didnt nag for food or to go out, just stayed there all day. I hope you manage to catch up on your sleep, maybe follow Sombra's example

Last edited:

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I didn't sleep through the night as I usually do. I remained awake for several periods. Sombra, who normally sleeps by my side without disturbing me in any way, kept coming to me with her kneading and kisses. Was she trying to help me? Do cats know when you are in trouble?

It is now 10 am and Sombra is catching up with her sleep on top of my desk while I'm busy at my computer which seems to confirm that her sleep was disturbed during the night.
You and Sombra have a very strong bond; she is without any doubt as worried as you are if you are not being your usual self and I'm sure she was trying to comfort you with kisses.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi tarasgirl, I was practising for this month's contest and somehow I was under the impression my post would go unnoticed. It is to forget tarasgirl doesn't miss much. :compsurfing:
If I remember rightly what announces this months TCS newsletter, in a few days time we will be showing our kittens' tummy. Not very complicated for me but how many tummies wil you be examining before choosing the competing one? :)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi tarasgirl, I was practising for this month's contest and somehow I was under the impression my post would go unnoticed. It is to forget tarasgirl doesn't miss much. :compsurfing:
If I remember rightly what announces this months TCS newsletter, in a few days time we will be showing our kittens' tummy. Not very complicated for me but how many tummies wil you be examining before choosing the competing one? :)
You have a WONDERFUL pic for the contest right there, golondrina golondrina and Sombra! Yes, in our case it will be a little bit more difficult to choose just one photo. I just hope that I am in time for the contest when it is announced, because for some unknown reason I am not notified sometimes, and even my searches on the site do not get me to the proper page.
Many *SNORGLES* to beautiful Sombra and yes, you're correct -- I do sit up and take notice when I see "Sombra"! ;)

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have just seen on the alerts list Mani's announcement of this month contest and the subject is not about our kittens' tummies but about their ability to climb high. have you seen it tarasgirl?