Solid Green Stool

kuri

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What could cause a cat to have solid green stool? It is not smellier than her usual ones, it's just a darkish green color, kinda like grass, but she hasn't had any grass for a long time. Is this something I should take her to a vet for?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A cats stool should not be green for no obvious reason. Are you able to take him to your vet and if you could take a sample of the stool so much the better.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have heard food coloring in certain cat foods can influence the color of stool. Has she been eating anything - maybe even a recent food change - that could explain the color?

Is there any mucous involved? How is she otherwise? Since it is so simple to collect a stool sample from her litterbox and take it to the vet for testing, I would do that just to be on the safe side.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kuri

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'll be taking her to the vet this afternoon. She has no other symptoms, just dark solid green stool, no mucus and it's not watery. She's also been eating the same food for years, Fancy Feast classic wet food.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Green would make me want to know more about her liver and gallbladder etc function.
What did the vet say? I hope it's something that can be fixed in no time :hellocomputer: