So what's on the menu tonight?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am doing a pork roast today with potato's, carrots, and savory cabbage. I also made some cherry jello this morning and added some of the dried cherries my sister sent me from B.C.. Not sure how it will turn out but it sure smells good.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well the other day i had dolma/sarma on young green peas and i'd really love to have it again tonight but there are other foods in the refrigerator -those need to be eaten first (soba noodles)

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by c1atsite

well the other day i had dolma/sarma on young green peas and i'd really love to have it again tonight but there are other foods in the refrigerator -those need to be eaten first (soba noodles)
I haven't had them since we went to our favourite Greek restaurant, which has been a while.

Just leftovers for us tonight.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I baked a can of biscuits this morning and the leftovers soaked up the sauce from my sliced BBQ very nicely.

And Hershey's chocolate pie for dessert.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Having had several ideas derailed for one reason or another, I am now at about Plan X. Some kinda pasta: I think the chicken/bacon filled sacchettini, with the three tomatoes on the counter, a bit of chicken breast and whatever else comes to hand. Cheese and cream will likely figure in there somewhere. And garlic.

SS cookies for dessert.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was sleepy so a can of chicken tortilla soup (not organic, but no disgusting ingredients) and a piece of grilled fish with some blackened seasoning in it.
Light but it does the job and was yummy!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am going to a pot luck dinner tonight so I am taking a hash brown casserole and simple tiramisu for puds.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A takeaway tonight, we have had such a busy week and not had time to eat, I have just ordered a chicken kebab and salad. xx

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was fortunate enough to come home to a lovely meal prepared by hubby!
We had pan fried salmon fillets, roast fingerlings and steamed brocoli and carrots. Pushy even lucked out when I dropped a bit salmon on the floor! Lucky boy, he has to hang around all meal waiting for me to do that.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, last night we ended up having sushi. I stopped on the way home to do a couple of errands in the mall where I normally get sushi, and decided I really didn't want omelette. They're really fast, so I placed my order, went and did my other things, and was back and on my way in 15 minutes. And it was definitely the right choice.

For tonight, I haven't totally decided, but I think if the kids are coming over I'll find some fish, and if they're not we'll have a veal fix.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Well, last night we ended up having sushi. I stopped on the way home to do a couple of errands in the mall where I normally get sushi, and decided I really didn't want omelette. They're really fast, so I placed my order, went and did my other things, and was back and on my way in 15 minutes. And it was definitely the right choice.

For tonight, I haven't totally decided, but I think if the kids are coming over I'll find some fish, and if they're not we'll have a veal fix.
No kids. We had veal. It was lovely. Risotto cakes and asparagus with a bit of Hollandaise, and tiramisu (again) for dessert. As I said to Rob, sometimes it's a lovely dessert and the bonus is that it's easy; sometimes it's an easy dessert and the bonus is that it's lovely. The latter applied tonight. It was a nice meal no matter how you slice it.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday we had party food so I didn't need to cook anythin. Tonight is grilled chicken breasts in a galic-lemon marinade, roast baby potatoes and steamed brocoli. I've been meaning to make a tiramisu for a while now, but just don't feel up to it tonight, so hopefully I can do it tomorrow.

ETA: oh, mushrooms! Lots of mushrooms too.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Yesterday we had party food so I didn't need to cook anythin. Tonight is grilled chicken breasts in a galic-lemon marinade, roast baby potatoes and steamed brocoli. I've been meaning to make a tiramisu for a while now, but just don't feel up to it tonight, so hopefully I can do it tomorrow.

ETA: oh, mushrooms! Lots of mushrooms too.
I made a tiramisu the other night. So yum!

Tonight is just satay chicken. Nothing fancy.