So what's on the menu tonight?

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pizza tonight which I'm cooking now, second try. First attempt ended with the bottom of the oven on fire from the spilled stuff I didn't get around to cleaning yet....
Caused some excitement round here with DH yelling and cats watching wide eyed while I ran around in a panic!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Details are still sketchy, but it will likely be seafood or fish of some kind. It's a while since I have done something from the sea for Friday dinner. Precisely what -- and therefore what goes with it -- will depend on what looks lovely in the market. Scallops would be my first choice, I think. We'll see.

However, while I'm there, I'll probably cop out and get a Tiramisu for dessert.
It's so good, I have absolutely no incentive to make my own.
"The best-laid schemes o' mice an 'men /Gang aft agley" -Robert Burns

Yeah, well, what I really wanted was Digby scallops, and there wasn't a one.
The bay scallops didn't turn my crank, and neither did any of the fish, even though they all LOOKED nice enough. So I went looking around the market, and at some point realized that we hadn't had Cornish game hen for quite some time, and those ones looked awfully nice...

Long story short, Devilled Game Hens, Roasted Root Veg, and yes, Tiramisu for dessert. A bottle of Finca Los Primos Chardonnay with dinner and a little of Rob's Orange Brandy with dessert. A definite yes all around.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since I was home alone for dinner (hubby and son have gone to a Christmas in the Park concert and I wasn't in the mood to go cos its so chilly at the moment), I had indian takeaways - chicken sagwala - so yumlicious!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yum Kellye! I love sagwalla!

Kieran's up in Auckland for the moment at the Pearl Jam concert (it was last night) and I've got stomach cramps so I threw together a marinated beef, bok choy, mushroom and garlic stirfry but I added too much salt and couldn't be bothered standing any longer. It was Ok though and I had some cashews on top.

I just drove to the next town to get a McDonald's sundae with a Flake

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I did two hens last night so we'd have some leftovers. There are veggies left, too, and enough tiramisu for small servings. So reruns of last night, basically, though I may get creative about presentation.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had a mash of corned beef and those German egg noodles I've forgotten the name of.
Ooh, and I made yummy cinnamon buns for desert.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

We had a mash of corned beef and those German egg noodles I've forgotten the name of.
Ooh, and I made yummy cinnamon buns for desert.
Spaetzle? YUM.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Quinoa left overs ... I had a big lunch .. maybe some ice cream later

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Quinoa left overs ...
mmm, quinoa. the health food store around here makes quinoa with seitan and broccoli. tastes nice with plain rice and balsamic vinegar . thanks for the idea for tomorrow or monday

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bacon and egg pie for us tonight. It was passable, though a bit dry as I over-stretched the pastry. Yummy cinnamon buns for dessert though.

Hmmm, quinoa, I haven't had that in ages. I have some red quinoa in the cupboard that I've been meaning to try.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm hoping Mexican take-out. I'm sick and don't feel like cooking, at all. Hope to talk hubby into it. We've been watching our carbs and he's gotten pretty gung-ho about it. That's good, makes me not have to be the food police, but sometimes I just don't feel up to the challenge,

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Steamed fish with blackened seasoning, steamed broccoli and yellow squash, with a salad and an iced tea.
There is some leftover made from scratch cornbread in the fridge that might be gotten into later for some carbs.