So what's on the menu tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

The weather continues warm dry and sunny so it will likely be something on the BBQ, just haven't figured out what yet.
Well, so much for that plan -- such as it was! We had a gig downtown and went for a glass of wine afterwards -- which turned into dinner at one of our favourite watering holes, The Keg Caesars. They do an awesome spinach salad, and we just put some starters on the table to nibble with that. Very civilized. The cook was not planning on a night off, but it was nice.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Leftover chicken with green peppers mushrooms and onions in a red sause (6 cheese ragu) I have been eating it over rice but tonight I think I am going to go with angel hair pasta.
For dessert, Ben & Jerrys "Half Baked" Its chocolate and vanilla swirl with huge chunks of brownies and chocolate chip cookie dough.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

For dessert, Ben & Jerrys "Half Baked" Its chocolate and vanilla swirl with huge chunks of brownies and chocolate chip cookie dough.
Mmmmmm
We had Ben & Jerry's last night. And I ate the rest this morning
I had Goodbye Yellow Brickle Road. It was seriously good. Chocolate ice cream with HUGE chunks of brickle, white chocolate, and peanut butter cookie dough pieces. It's my new fav ice cream flavor now.

Tonight we had grilled bacon and cheese sandwiches, stuffing, and a salad.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For dinner tonight it was chicken, bacon, mushrooms and onions in a creamy cheesy sauce! I think there is enough for lunch tomorrow too.

For dessert it was creme caramel!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just Salad for me tonight, mixed greens, cucumbers, radish, tomato, peppers, shredded cheddar, sliced ham and croutons, with a nice golden Caesar dressing. It was delicious, and for dessert a mixed berry combo, blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries with a little table cream.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

For lunch today I had fish, couscous and beetroot -- it was interesting but delicious!
you Kiwis and your beetroot on everything!

Last night we had an awesome BBQ at the in laws, overate and came back stuffed to bursting. So tonight it was just a chicken tikka pizza for dinner.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
After a weekend of catch-as-catch-can (mostly good eating, but toomuchontherun) we get a night at home, and it's a lovely evening. So, it's pork cutlets on the BBQ with grilled asparagus and a rerun of Friday's Jasmine Rice. I asked the boy whether he wanted a salad of avocado, mango and tomato (which we love) or grilled asparagus, and despite the fact that we had it just Friday, he practically soiled his shirt salivating over it, so asparagus it is. Picked up a couple of mini strudels while I was shopping -- a favourite for dessert.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

you Kiwis and your beetroot on everything!

Last night we had an awesome BBQ at the in laws, overate and came back stuffed to bursting. So tonight it was just a chicken tikka pizza for dinner.
LOL! It's true I have beetroot with everything!

It's raining here tonight so I cannot be bothered to go the shops - so for tea it is marinated lamb chops (I'm going to grill these), roast yams with a pineapple and sea salt glaze
and you know what I think a side of beetroot (altho Kieran doesn't like it either)

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made a sandwich - chicken breast with balsamic vinegar, pepper cheese, avocado and alfalfa sprouts on a croissant. It was yummy!

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You guys are making me drool!
(again!

I just had a pepperoni pizza hot pocket tonight. as you can see, I always have a gourmet meal.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

LOL! It's true I have beetroot with everything!

It's raining here tonight so I cannot be bothered to go the shops - so for tea it is marinated lamb chops (I'm going to grill these), roast yams with a pineapple and sea salt glaze
and you know what I think a side of beetroot (altho Kieran doesn't like it either)
You needn't apologize about beetroot -- I adore beets. We don't use them as broadly as you seem to, but sometimes I wonder why not -- they're sooooooooooooooooooooo good. There's something about the sweet earthiness of them.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Beetroot to me is such a classic Kiwi thing - they whack it on everything there, including burgers and sandwiches. Tough luck growing up in NZ if you don't like it!

Tonight I'm planning to bake a bacon and egg pie.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm with Fran - I love beets. My mom used to make the most awesome pickled beets. But, my very favourite are the young beet leaves. Steamed like spinach there is nothing better. I love greens - spinach, kale, turnip greens and especially beet greens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awhhhhhh beets
one thing I really don't like

Tonight I think I am going to repeat last nights dinner since it was soooooooo good.
Garden Salad with cheese, and ham. Mixed berries for dessert with some table cream..

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^Ooooh, fish pie, yum!!

I'm making meatloaf with mashes potatoes. Not sure how it'll turn out though, I'm using italian seasoned ground turkey and that could be really weird or really good.

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I made up a roast yesterday, and I making French dips for dinner with some homemade french onion dip & tater chips. In fact need to go get meat slicer out right now and get roast sliced up.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We're due for some beef. If the weather holds and I feel like BBQing, I think I'll do kabobs of some sort, and the avocado, mango, tomato salad we didn't have last night. The avocado is right ready to be used, as well as one of the mangoes -- I don't want to lose them. Strawberries for dessert.

Status
Not open for further replies.