So what's on the menu tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not overly energetic tonight so it was just a tuna fish sandwich(which I had to share with three annoying furballs) and some tomoto soup.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, so much for ribs.
Jr is usually pretty good about calling back, but occasionally drops the ball, so I was prepared to buy ribs for four and if it was just the two of us, put the rest in the freezer. Simple, eh? Until I saw that the lovely ribs were previously frozen. So, lacking the critical information about head count, and unwilling to make any more stops to find ribs that had not been frozen somewhere else, I went to Plan B.

It will still be pork, it will still be BBQd, but it will be a whole tenderloin.

And Jr just called back a few minutes ago, most apologetic that he had missed my earlier call -- they've had a killer week and were out cold, and now he's got studying to catch up with, so it's just us.

Against such a possibility, I picked up some lovely little nugget potatoes. I may put them on the BBQ, too. And a salad -- maybe Caesar or maybe a what's-in-the-fridge special. There are a couple of mangoes on the counter, eager to serve. I'll do something with one of them for dessert.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sushi with brown rice instead of white with a bit more sushi vinegar than usual, raw veggies, wasabi and spicy shrimp wrapped with yummy seaweed.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
lots of creative cooking types here, I just love it! Except that reading this thread often makes me feel very lazy.

Last night I bothered to come up with a creation - a ground chicken casserole that I made up as I went along, and it turned out to be quite respectable.
Tonight we're going out to Boston Pizza courtesy of a very nice client! I've never been there and was looking up the menu online, and have already picked out a few yummies to try: shrimp stuffed mushrooms, and yam wedges. Should be a good feed.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Tonight will be something I don't have to cook.
I don't know if it will be go out of take out, but it will be one of them.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Tonight will be something I don't have to cook.
I don't know if it will be go out of take out, but it will be one of them.
What a coincidence, Im having the same thing!

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think tonight we'll do hot dogs, tortellinis, and a salad. Don't feel like doing much cooking tonight.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spending the weekends in the restaurant, so it just depends on what I'm in the mood for when it slacks off enough to eat, but I'm thinking cheeseburger and rings.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am making some baked haddock which I am going to have with caesar salad. Strawberries and a little whipped cream for dessert...

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Last night I bothered to come up with a creation - a ground chicken casserole that I made up as I went along, and it turned out to be quite respectable.
Casseroles are fun! Too bad so many people's main exposure to casseroles is "church basement tuna casserole".
Making it up as you go along is great fun, not to mention a great way to recycle the leftovers.
I'd hazard a guess thatyour creation was more than merely "respectable".

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My DH went deep sea fishing today. He brought home A LOT of fish! Ling Cod, Capizan, sea bass.
So tonight I'm grilling some Ling Cod in Lemon Dill Butter sauce, with some scallions and roasted garlic. Also grilling some veggie kabobs....zucchini, mushrooms, red pepper, and sweet onion with a Roasted Garlic & herb marinade.
First I have to package all that fish up for the freezer!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by spudsmom

My DH went deep sea fishing today. He brought home A LOT of fish! Ling Cod, Capizan, sea bass.
So tonight I'm grilling some Ling Cod in Lemon Dill Butter sauce, with some scallions and roasted garlic. Also grilling some veggie kabobs....zucchini, mushrooms, red pepper, and sweet onion with a Roasted Garlic & herb marinade.
First I have to package all that fish up for the freezer!
AAAAAAWWWWWEEEEE- SOME!

Nothing so special here tonight. Probably just stick some smokies on the BBQ, package up some leftover nugget potatoes from last night with herbs, garlic and butter to warm, and some salad.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chicken Caesar Pizza for me tonight...I have been craving it since I saw a commercial for it on tv lastnight.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Probably the last of last week's ham with some other goodies in crepes with a little cheese sauce. Maybe a little salad on the side.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Again today it was something that I didn't make.
We went out and I had a Chicken fajita salad.

Status
Not open for further replies.