So what's on the menu tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Well, the kids are away this weekend, so it's just Rob and me, and I think we'll get a veal fix. If I see nice chops, I'll put them on the BBQ, otherwise I'll get some scallopini slices and do the house favourite "Veal Tarragon". Pasta of some sort and a salad with the latter; grilled things with the former -- maybe yams and asparagus. I'm sure there's rhubarb ready to be used, so that will probably figure in dessert.
Well, three hours after writing that, the phone rang. It was a friend of ours with a last minute dinner invitation. We accepted. The sablefish was lovely, as were the sauteed veggies, as was the pasta with pesto and fresh tomatoes that was the first course, and the yogurt and fresh berries that were dessert. Lovely time. And she lives with a very lovely orange kitty-boy named Roscoe. Always nice to see him.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made strange concotion that turned out to be so good!
Not having a good day, I threw 3 eggs into a pan, didn't bother to scramble them, just mixed them up as they cooked. I added leftover Ragu (6 cheese) sauce to that and had it over angel hair pasta (also leftover)
It was SOOOO goood! I wish I would have had some green peppers and mushrooms to add to it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a tuna fish sandwich and some strawberries for me tonight. I may have some yogurt or something later but it's another hot hot day here and I am not to hungry.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think tonight is going to be some variation on pork cutlets -- BBQ if the sun comes back out, otherwise maybe Jaeger Schnitzel -- who knows, I might even get eager and do spaetzle. Either way, there are green beans to use, probably sauteed. And there's rhubarb -- probably a crisp for my boy.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cool enough here today to have the oven on for awhile so I think I will do a roast of beef and all the trimmings.

That way if it gets hot again I will have plenty of left-overs for the rest of the week. I will do some extra potato's as well and make some potato salad from them. :bitthumb:

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight its an egg salad sammich and potato chips. May sound boring, But I just adore egg salad! For dessert, chocolate pudding.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it being 103 in the shade today and me on my own for dinner tonight, I think that it might be fruit and yogurt. I am not even hungry.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just going to be left-overs for me tonight. If I am really energetic the left-overs will turn into a hot roast beef sandwich.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last night was pasta with chicken and mushroom in Alfredo sauce. Tonight will be something on the BBQ, I think. It's been a few days, and Mother Nature seems to have got the six drops of rain out of her system, and set us on another stretch of warm/dry, so I'm just as happy cooking outdoors. We'll see what looks interesting when I stop for juice and eggs tonight.

mismaris777

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think I'm gonna make a steak with mushrooms, onions, and toast. I'm not sure which veggie though. I'm thinkin' either cucumbers or salad, or both

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So, the "something on the BBQ" turned out to be Beef Souvlaki, and I did a Greek Salad to go with it, and picked up Pita Bread and Tzatziki. I usually do my own Tzatziki, but there wasn't really time to do it justice, and Zorba makes a decent one.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Being very lazy tonight so I just had a turkey dog with chili and onions. It was reallly really good but I hate to say I think that a case of heartburn is on the way......

Have to get out the pepto.....

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight, we are grilling chicken breasts marinated in homemade sweet chili BBQ sauce. I made mashed sweet potatoes and am trying a new salad, from Martha Stewart, made with celery, red grapes and a Granny Smith apple. The salad calls for chopped pecans. I am serving them on the side because DH doesn't like them but Jen does. Ben won't eat anything that resembles a veggie.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

Ben won't eat anything that resembles a veggie.
Better he lives at your house, we are having a homemade spicy veg and tofu stir fry tonight, we have this at least once a week and it is soooooo delicious!

Status
Not open for further replies.