So What's On the Menu Tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My parents ate already so I had leftover tuna fish I made yesterday with some baby dill pickles, marble jack cheddar cheese, and doritos mixed together. I don't really like tuna fish on bread so I just mix it with stuff. it was pretty good and I had a snowman sugar cookie (store bought) and some caramel kisses for dessert.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I had the same Fran, with stuffing, roasted carrots, peas and creamed potatoes
Well, turkey it is, but it will be a rerun of a rerun.
I did turkey pot pies the other night and had enough filling for three, so there's a lone pot pie in the fridge. It is about to become cream of turkey soup.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight was Roast lamb with roast potatoes and roast kumara, beans, garlic bread and some peas!

Dessert was bananas, french vanilla ice-cream and whipped cream!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think tonight I am going to have A Vegetable stir fry and some fresh fruit for dessert. I am feeling quite sluggish after all the holiday indulgences so for the next couple of days it only going to be fruits and veggies, and then back to a normal healthy diet Monday.

I pretty sure it was all those brandied peaches, chocolate and way to much meat over the holidays that was the culprit.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tonight we return to a normal Friday night, which is a nice dinner, usually with Rob's son and SO. They had other plans for NYE (big surprise!
) but did ask if Friday was "happening as usual".

Going to keep it simple, though, and just do some pork tenderloin medallions, with an apricot/orange/brandy garnish. Green beans were still looking nice, so that's our veg, along with some Jasmine rice. And continuing the KISS principle into dessert, I'll fill some filo tart shells with sweetened goat cheese and top with a touch of black currant jam. Short on fuss, long on yum.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I had the same Fran, with stuffing, roasted carrots, peas and creamed potatoes
Oh that sounds so good right now!

John is bringing home pizza, but I don't think I want that, I'll probably end up with cereal

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had waffles with lots of syrup.
I made a really good lunch today for work so I thought I would have something less healthy.. Of course they are waffles you pop in the toaster but just as good.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ended up having the Fowl Play burger but instead of on burger buns on a bagel!

Smoked chicken, pineapple, avocado, lettuce, tomato, onion, relish and aioli!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still doing my veggie and fruit thing for the weekend so I think tonight it will be a larged mixed salad and a couple of mango's for dessert.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Back to turkey tonight, and since the boy really liked the pot pies, I think I'll do that again, and probably make extra for the freezer.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We went to Outback steakhouse last night and had a nice steak and baked potato

Tonight will be pork tenderloin with apricot glaze.

Status
Not open for further replies.