So What's On the Menu Tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There's still a ton of turkey, but I don't think I'm going to use any tonight. We had turkey pot pies last night, and I'm trying to spread it out, so it's not turkeyturkeyturkeyturkeyturkeyturkeyturkeyturkeyturkeyturkey. Tomorrow will be something nice for NYE dinner, so I think probably tonight we're due for something simple like pasta. There's still some homemade pesto, or I could just do it with anchovies and garlic -- the Boy likes that. Well, he likes both, actually, so I think I'll let him choose.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had steaks with montreal steak seasoning and ground pepper with mashed potatoes for dinner tonight. Broiled them, this time. Came out very good

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

We had steaks with montreal steak seasoning and ground pepper with mashed potatoes for dinner tonight. Broiled them, this time. Came out very good
I wish I could still eat steak.

I can eat ground beef just fine but steak aggravates my colitis like nothing else. How I miss that smokey, grilled goodness.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Krazycatlover

Im having stacky upies. They are so good.
You all should try them

You cook rice and put it on the bottom then you put some cheese then you put chili. I use Nally's chili cause its the best. Then you put some more cheese on top of the chili. Then you put Frito's on top of the cheese. Then you put lettuce then tomatoes then sour cream on top.

They are so so so so yummy. I think people should try it and if you do let me know what you think.
That sounds so good, id try it if it didnt have so much lactose in it

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am making chicken cacciatore, from a recipe my Mom got from an Italian friend, over whole wheat spaghetti with a side salad. We have some grapefruits and Clementines (like tangerines) for desert.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had chicken fried steak, golden fried potatos, and fruit cocktail. It was pretty good.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight I am making a pork tenderloin, with passion fruit glaze, seasoned potato wedges, and asparagus. Not sure about dessert yet but I still have some brandy peaches left from the jar my Aunt gave me for Christmas so I am thinking of having them with some pound cake, or maybe just a little whipped cream.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

We had chicken fried steak, golden fried potatos, and fruit cocktail. It was pretty good.
OK, I have to ask you folks - what exactly is chicken fried steak? In our house it is either chicken or it's steak (beef) so I've never actually known what is meant by chicken fried steak.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Tonight I am making a pork tenderloin, with passion fruit glaze, seasoned potato wedges, and asparagus. Not sure about dessert yet but I still have some brandy peaches left from the jar my Aunt gave me for Christmas so I am thinking of having them with some pound cake, or maybe just a little whipped cream.
Sounds yummy! Are you stuffing the tenderloin?

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

OK, I have to ask you folks - what exactly is chicken fried steak? In our house it is either chicken or it's steak (beef) so I've never actually known what is meant by chicken fried steak.
Its steak that is breaded and fried like "fried chicken" would be. Generally a southern thing, served with mashed potatoes and white gravy. Very yummy!

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

So do you make these individually or in a big pan? Just plain white rice or spanish rice? I think it sounds really good!
You make every thing individually and then just make your own. I use regular white rice. And it is way good. I love it.

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

That sounds so good, id try it if it didnt have so much lactose in it
Well you can always just put a little cheese on top of the chili and skip the sour cream. I'm just a cheese freak so I like putting it on top of the rice and on top of the chili. Most people just put it on top of the chili. Its still good with less cheese and no sour cream.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
It's 5PM, and I have no idea! DH didn't think he had to work today, but found out he did, so we have no New Year's Eve plans (we're not much for it, anyway). He won't be home until very late, so it's just me.

Tomorrow, though, I plan to bake a ham early in the day, slice it up, bake biscuits, buy potato salad tonight, and have a few other finger foods, so we can just graze all afternoon. We have plans to (hold on to your hats,this is very exciting!!!!) sew 18th C. clothing together (we did this for Christmas, too). We both have a ton of clothing that must be hand-sewn to get done. We set up either in the dining room, or in the study, in front of the fire, and chat and sew. What swingers, eh?
Seriously, we enjoy this togetherness time. We talk about the hobby, trade stuff, like fabric or camp neccessities, such as authentic silverware (all from our pre-married stashes of goods). We had both been historical reenactors before we met, and have lots of "stuff". It's nice to be able to find a use for it.

Happy New Year, all!

Status
Not open for further replies.