So What's On the Menu Tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a large lunch at TGI Fridays with my fiance's best woman, so we weren't hungry for dinner. We snacked on a few healthy things, but now I'm having some ice cream and hot chocolate for dessert.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We were going to go out for pizza but since the weather got nasty and started snowing we made grilled cheese sandwiches instead w/fries. Fresh blackberries for dessert.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had planned on grilling some rib-eye steaks because it was such a lovely warm spring day.
But we went for a long drive (2/10 ths short of 100 m) Went to Baskett Slough NWR and saw tons of Canadian Geese and all manners of ducks. Drove up to Silverton and my DH showed me all the fields of Christmas trees that he's planted...some that are ready for harvest this year.
Then we stopped for dinner at a lovely little place called McCleay Inn. I had a Big Rueben and DH had a Malibu Chicken Sandwich, both served with their famous macaroni salad.

It was a great day and good food!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Am in the process of making a pot of Chicken Vegetable soup, with bowtie pasta. I will have some of that, and maybe make up a batch of biscuits to go with it. And for dessert some more Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. With the yucky weather we are having again here today nice hot soup is just what the doctor ordered.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MMM, that sounds good, Susan -- can I come?

Actually, there's a bit of pork -- the unpretty ends of the tenderloin I used the other night -- that I'll use in a stirfry with lots of veggies in a peanut sauce, and likely Jasmine Rice. Dessert? Who knows!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chili for me and hubby.....spagetti or alphagetti for the kidlets since they don't like chili.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took some chicken breasts out of the freezer before I left so I'll have them with honey soy marinade and some sides - maybe garlic bread and coleslaw?

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a yummy beef vegetable stew that I put in the crockpot before I left this morning. We threw in some noodles, and it was really good.
Now i'm having some ice cream and hot chocolate.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had tuna fish with honey wheat pretzels and a s'mores poptart for dessert.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Made tacos for dinner tonight. Plan on having linguine with clam sauce tomorrow night. Yummers!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We ended up converting the chicken breasts with a nice korma sauce and heaps of mushrooms and onions!

For pudding it was apple crumble and vanilla ice-cream.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ummm...the pork we were going to have last night. When it came time to cook, I realized that what I really wanted was Shish'n'Fips, so that's what we had, but I really do need to use the pork tonigiht.

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have to stop reading all of these menus because this thread is really throwing a wrench into my diet..
.. is it possible to ban someone from a particular thread?

Tonight we're making a huge grilled chicken salad with the works!

Status
Not open for further replies.