So What's On the Menu Tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

We ended up going for Nando's for tea - do you have that in the US? Then I ended up having a Hershey's chocolate pie for dessert.
I had to get my chocolate fix!
They seem to be all over the world, Sam. There are several in Vancouver, one of them about 4 km from us. I sometimes pick up from there on a Thursday when we want a fast meal before we go out. Good stuff. In fact I might have tonight if we hadn't been eating chicken all week already.

So, tonight it's something with ham, probably omelettes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got both Chicken and Asparagus on sale grocery shopping yesterday so for tonight it will be.

Lemon Chicken, rice and Asparagus. For dessert I still have some yummy Mango Sorbet left..

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

We ended up going for Nando's for tea - do you have that in the US? Then I ended up having a Hershey's chocolate pie for dessert.
I had to get my chocolate fix!
never heard of them

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

They seem to be all over the world, Sam. There are several in Vancouver, one of them about 4 km from us. I sometimes pick up from there on a Thursday when we want a fast meal before we go out. Good stuff. In fact I might have tonight if we hadn't been eating chicken all week already.

So, tonight it's something with ham, probably omelettes.
Yum! It's about 4km from us too. Infact it's just across the road from my work. I think their chicken is really special and gosh peri-peri chips. Delish!

Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

never heard of them
Here's one of their menus - http://www.nandos.com.au/

I like to eat the wraps with pineapple but Kieran likes to get a 1/2 chicken!

I'm working for the next 3 nights so probably no gourmet fare for me! I'll probably get Subway for tea tonight.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BBQ burgers mmmmmmmmm.

Was a nice day out, me and the kidlets had bbq burgers and ate outside.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ended up having a very delicious lunch. What a shame I can't taste it!

Chicken tenders with tomato sauce and an orea, banana milo shake to drink!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yum! It's about 4km from us too. Infact it's just across the road from my work. I think their chicken is really special and gosh peri-peri chips. Delish!

Here's one of their menus - http://www.nandos.com.au/

I like to eat the wraps with pineapple but Kieran likes to get a 1/2 chicken!

I'm working for the next 3 nights so probably no gourmet fare for me! I'll probably get Subway for tea tonight.
Hmm, seems like they opened one in Washington DC last year, but thats the only one as far as I can tell.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I decided on turkey burgers tonight with all the trimmings, cheesy pasta salad, and a green salad..I can hardly wait.......

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

We are going to Smashing tomato tonight for pizza and salad, it's SO yummy, and it's lent so no meat on Friday for me!
No meat here as well...Fish fillets and homemade Mac & Cheese!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, there's no meat taboo in our house, and we had a late night last night, so the cook is dragging her butt today. That translates to Pork Tenderloin Medallions, and for a change I think I'm going to do Linda's apple treatment -- though I'm afraid at the price of Calvados, I'll be cheating and using regular brandy -- so it won't be quite as lovely, but I expect it will still be nice. I have a great recipe for Sage Potatoes that I haven't done for quite a while, and will go nicely I think. Veg? Something green -- we're overdue for broccoli, so that will probably get the nod. And if Granville Island isn't a madhouse, I think I'll pay a visit to my favourite purveyor of delectable Italian things and pick up a tiramisu for dessert. There. Dinner planned.
Thanks.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Comfort food for me tonight, tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich. For dessert some mint chocolate chip ice cream. Between the crappy weather and the aches and pains caused by it I need some comfort food...

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Doug and I went out for dinner - he had veggie quiche in a potato crust and I had turkey pot pie with a herbed bisquit crust.

But before we left we worked together to make traditional split pea soup - complete with potato and cooked with a smoked ham shank. Once the shank was cooled I pulled off the edible meat, chopped it up and put it back on the pot. That is dinner tomorrow.

plainjane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Make myself some broiled lemon-garlic salmon with a mixed greens salad topped with cranberries, walnuts and raspberry vinaigrette. Washed it down with some home-made sweet tea, yum!

Status
Not open for further replies.