TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Susan, I'm taking her back on Thursday

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Jessy, I have just read through this thread, almost dreading getting near the end, but am so happy that Villy is still with you.

Having been on the roller coaster ride with a cat with a chronic illness several times I have much sympathy and empathy for you, and want to tell you how proud I am of your for going the distance with your Villy.

It's not an easy road, all the ups and downs and trips to the vet, and going into debt. But our beloved catties are surely worth it.

I know you are worried about how much to put her through. I know you are concerned about how much is too much, when you get to a certain point you start worrying am I doing this for her, or for myself to keep her with me?

Listen to your heart Jessy, and Villy's, look into her eyes and talk to her, and she will tell you if she's had enough.

She sounds like a real fighter, though, so I am praying, and all paws crossed here, that she can continue the fight.

I know you will do what is best for Villy, first and foremost.

xo

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Villy will tell you when she has had enough. All you need to do is observe her closely, get down to her level and look into her eyes. If you see a spark, keep going. If not, she has done all she can do and now she just wants peace. It is a difficult decision, but listen to her voice inside of you and you will know when the end of the road is before you.

Hugs to you both- next time she goes in for an overnight stay- take a really thin tee shirt and put it on and exercise your heartache to the max. Get the tee shirt so sweaty you have to almost wring it out. Throw it into a ziploc and take it with you to the vet. Tell the vet you don't care if you ever see the shirt again, but it must stay in the cage with Villy. Your smell will comfort her during a very stressful and scary time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone, you are helping no end. Your support and kind words are carrying me through.
I'm looking to her eyes all the time. And talking to her, and stroking her. Her eyes look tired. She'll look really exhausted, for example Friday night, I thought that it was the end, she looked so awful, I laid on the bed with her and she kept staring deep into my eyes, like she was trying to tell me something. She didn't used to look into my eyes for that long, she used to look away, as cats do. But Friday she was really looking deep. We decided to see how she was in the morning, and when I woke up she was really bright, she was laying on top of me, and went and sat by her bowl asking for her breakfast.
This week she hasn't gained any condition at all, she's lost it, she's so thin, she stumbled up a couple of stairs last night. I've taken out the bottom drawer of my chest of drawers and put her favourite cushion in there so that she has a cosy hidey hole and she doesn't have to jump up anywhere to get comfy. I can put her food in there with her so that Roxy doesn't steal it.
Last night she came downstairs, sat on the sofa with me, used her scratching post.
This morning she got excited when she saw me bringing her favourite breakfast, and she managed a little meow :-)
You see she's up and down all the time. I'll see what the vet says tomorrow.
She's so thin, she looks like these size zero celebrities, where their head is too big for her body.
I don't know if I should be preparing myself for the worst, or if I will ruin it by being negative, and should just be positive.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Jessy, I can't even imagine what you're going through. I know you want to do the best for your baby, whatever that is. It's just so hard.
for you and scritches for Villy.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might as well just keep thinking positive. Preparing yourself for the worst, I've found, does no good in the end when it's time to say good bye. No matter how prepared you think you are, the event is devastating.

It sounds like Villy was telling you she's not ready yet. She wants her food, she wants you, she likes her new Spot. All paws crossed things don't get any worse, and perhaps there will be some improvement.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is such a freakish condition and you feel so helpless. After Spot passed, I read everything I could about the condition to make myself believe I did the right thing. Now I know I did. My granddaughter was reading this but I sent her in the other room because I have tears running down my cheeks too. I agree with the others, you will know when it is time. Eleven years is a good long life for her. It reflects the care and love you have given her. Sometimes I wonder if the pain of loosing a pet is worth it. But it is. I can now smile at the memories of all my critters. And I do have faith I will see them again. We all have our arms around you and Villy. When you realize that you have exhausted any options and have truly done all you can, the choice will be clearer. I pray for you guys and just think of all the people all over the world who know about Villy and the valient fight she has fought. You have many friends pulling for you. God bless. Shannon

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thinking of you Villy

hugs and headbump kisses

xo

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Villy was still looking a bit low last night, and I was concerned about her visit to the vets today, so my ex, her purrpaw, came over to visit her last night.
She was so happy to see him :-) She was meowing at him, purring, sitting next to him on the sofa, and she didn't even complain too much when he helped me give her her pills.
Maybe she missed him?
Who knows, if he cheers her up like that then he can come again.
So we went to the vets today. She has lost a bit more weight, she now weighs 2.45 kilos, she's teeny tiny. But she's still bright, and eating, using her scratching post, etc. The reason she's probably losing weight is because she's not eating enough to get the extra energy required to re-build her tissues etc.
She's come home with some special turkey flavoured extra fattening soup/porridge, and some more fattening food, which she doesn't really like, so I'm mixing it with whiskas.
I have to do all I can to help her gain weight, the vet even suggested syringe feeding her, which hasn't been neccessary yet, I'm just making sure the gravy/porridge is always available, and the fattening food, so she can pick at it.
I have to call the vet on tuesday to let him know if she's gained any condition, and if she hasn't, then w have to consider the surgery to re-direct the fluid from her chest cavity to her abdomen.
Fattening vibes villy!
:

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the update. What a nice treat for Villy to see her old friend.

C'mon Villy eat up, stop worrying your momma so much!

All paws crossed.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
send her a ton of fat grams through the mail. We are pulling for Villy. Her body language sounds good. What about an appitite stimulant? Eat up Villy!

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone.
I am giving her an appetite stimulant every couple of days. Come on Villy, eat up!

Status
Not open for further replies.