Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Villy was really bright last night

She was walking around, meowing at me and my housemate, she snuggled up really close to me on the sofa, she asked to go out, she even batted at the feathers from da bird a little bit! keep it up Villy!

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
can speak volumes as to how they are feeling. Lets hope this is an indicator of better times ahead. I have been off a few days. What is her diagnosis? Was it chylothorax? FIP? Or do they know? Keep getting better Villy! And hang on Jessy! Thoughts and prayers for you. God bless.

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by farleyv

can speak volumes as to how they are feeling. Lets hope this is an indicator of better times ahead. I have been off a few days. What is her diagnosis? Was it chylothorax? FIP? Or do they know? Keep getting better Villy! And hang on Jessy! Thoughts and prayers for you. God bless.
I don't think they know exactly what it is/was? It started as Chylothorax......
We went back to the vets on Thursday, he said her chest sounds clear. He also said she felt a little less boney on top. Her weight has been fluctuating between 2.6 - 3 kilos, so she needs to gain weight. She's been looking really keen to eat, then when she gets to her bowl looks dissapointed and won't eat. She has special weight gain wet food from the vet. I've offered her tuna to, she's not been too keen. My BF said that whenever he feels a bit rubbish he wants junk food, so why don't I get her some whiskas wet food

Well I got her some and she loved it!
Brilliant BF! He has two cats as well. So, it's a shame she's not eating the lovely fattening food, but at least she's been eating the whiskas.

We're just taking it hour by hour, day by day, and seeing how she goes.

She has to go back to the vets for a check up on Thursday, or if she's ok we can postpone to the following week.

I've maxed out my allowance on the insurance now, so I'm spending my own money, and I'm broke! She's worth it though.

Keep it up Villy

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, that's amazing!!!
For a little bit there I was about to lose hope
... I am just so thrilled Villy has made a complete turn around! That is soooo great to see!

Well, IMO at this point it doesn't really matter what she is eating, as long as she eats! Whikas is junk, but it is balanced, so bring it on!!!!

Many many vibes for Villy
and hugs to you!

claydust

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
GREAT NEWS

As far as eating goes, when out tudedo cat Morgan went on her "no eating" issue a few years ago and spent 5 days at the vet, our goal was to get ther to eat and that meant whatever interested her, the vet said that was better than not eating.

That meant Temptations Seafood treats. I know that is something like me having a steady diet of Tostitos corn chips BUT, it was food.

After a few days of treats food, she got the idea to eat a more ballanced diet. She is fine now. HOWEVER, she has become an insatiable beggar for treats food
but, that was a small price to pay

I hope all continues to improve.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
news! I agree that whatever she eats is a good thing. It sounds like you may have made through the woods. I sure hope everything keeps going well. We all can sympathize on the costs! But as you say, they are worth it. I will keep an eye here, please keep us informed.

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Villy's breathing is still exaggerated. It was like that when she came home, the vet said it's because when a cat has problems breathing, sometimes the muscles around the chest get fatty, and she's breathing using the muscles in her abdomen instead. It makes me nervous as it looks similar to when she has fluid on her chest. She's still enjoying her whiskas, and is playful, so I have to stay calm and remember she's using different muscles now. I just wish she was 100% again, it's so stressfull!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I can imagine that it would be so heartbreaking to see your baby like this..... sending lots and lots of vibes that way for you both

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I took Villy back to the vets today for a check up and some of the fluid has returned.

She's having an x-ray this afternoon to see how much is there.

I'm so dissappointed, she's been doing so well, she's been looking so much better

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so very sorry for the both of you. It must be such very trying time for you both. Sending so many vibes that way

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Pam.

Villy's home now, she was a bit drowsy last night as she had been sedated for her x-ray. She still managed some dinner though.
It's just waiting and seeing if any more fluid comes back now, there wasn't enough there to warrent draining it.
She has to go back for a check up next Thursday afternoon.
There is another surgery they can do, but I don't know if it's fair on her to carry on?
They would tie the tube which is leaking into her chest, and instead the chyle would leak into her abdomen, where it's more easily absorbed. It has about a 70% success rate.
She's tiny already though, she only weighs 2.6 kilos. Obviously i want to try everything, but how do you know when it's fair to carry on? She's 11 now, my poor baby girl.

Any input will be gladly recieved

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
to read this. I have been thinking of you two. Indicision is so draining on a person. So, it sounds like it is lymph fluid leaking into her chest? Honestly Jessy, I don't know what to say. You and Villy have certainly fought hard and you have done everything you can possibly do. Chyle is so difficult to deal with. When I took Spot in, I thought a pill would "fix" it. But there is hope. There is always hope. Know we are all pulling for Villy. She isn't that old yet. I had a cat until he was 22 years old. Please keep us posted. God bless you and Villy.

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Farleyv,
Sorry, I don't know your name. I justr saw your earlier posts, when you joined, back in February, and from my experience with Villy it osunds like you did the kindest thing. Villy's still not doing great, she looks miserable, and it breaks my heart to see her like this.
I'm hoping, praying and willing her to get better.

I hate giving her pills everyday, as I know she hates it. I wish I didn't have to work, so I could stay home and be with her.
I think she's getting thinner
I hate chylothorax.
I'm so scared of losing my best friend.
I can't write any more because I'm crying xx

Status
Not open for further replies.