So Nervous!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I got a call back from a company that I applied for their Human Resource and Payroll Department job!

The lady called me and told me that it was an entry level job, and didn't sound like the pay was gonna be that great
But she said we can discuss that tomorrow at the interview.

I'm so nervous - I need a new job so desperately - but if they can't pay me what I'm getting now, there's no way I can make it

If I can please get some 'good money and interview vibes' that would be great

I go in tomorrow at 2:15, sounds like it could be a pretty long interview with them - and supposedly there are more than 1 person to be in there with me - so now I'm really nervous - interviewing with at least 5 management people - seriously, I'm freaking out!!

Thanks in advance for all the vibes!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Lots of good vibes headed out to you. If you can handle a bunch of surly customers at once, you can handle a five person interview.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kenz, it's normal to be nervous on interviews...........just smile, make eye contact with them, and do your best...........you'll do fine!! Still sending mego vibes for you though!!!

jlutgendorf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Think of all the people there as a good thing. More people can make for an easier group dynamic, so it's easier to fill those awkward slient bits with small talk. And the more they can see you getting along with a group of people the better!

Oh, and it doesn't hurt to ask for a fair salary. They can just say they can't go that high. But they may say yes!

Sending you good money and interview vibes!

~Julia

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys - I love what I do now, just not who I work for

I'm really nervous about this - 1. beacuse its an entry level job, and not really what I'm looking for, and 2. beacuse I'm interviewing with 5 people - I guess I'm more let down than anything - I thought it was going to be more than what she said it is

jlutgendorf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Think of it as practice. It doesn't matter if they don't offer you the job, as maybe you wouldn't want to take it anyway, and it gives you experience talking to not one, but five people!

~Julia

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah!! Congrats on the callback....that is the first step.

I will send you some (((vibes)))

A good tip: research online for some interview tips.....

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good luck tomorrow Mackenzie! And just so you know, even if you bomb the interview, there will be two wonderful men to greet you when you get home who don't care.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sending you good vibes that you'll get this job!
you'll do just fine at the interview, I know it!

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jlutgendorf

Think of it as practice. It doesn't matter if they don't offer you the job, as maybe you wouldn't want to take it anyway, and it gives you experience talking to not one, but five people!

~Julia
I think this is excellent advice, and will give you more confidence when you go for a job that you really want.
Good luck Anne

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Best of luck with the interview Mackenzie!!, panel interviews are always nerve racking...but keep this in mind...they called you in the first place, so they are already interested in your credentials!!

Many calming good luck vibes!! {{{ }}}

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone

I'm so nervous/let down/everything
That I came home and did a power clean, paid bills and now I'm on my way out the door to run errands and stop at a friends to drop off a bday present.... I just dont wanna sit around cuz then I'm gonna dwell on everything

I was just really hoping this was the job that was going to be my 'career' - thats what I'm looking for - not so much a job, but a career.... ugh!

I really appreciate all the vibes, I know they always help!!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sending find a good career vibes and good interveiw vibes

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck!

One thing I found out that's so true, a person goes through about 5 careers in a lifetime. They could be all the same subject or totally random subjects.

You'll do fantastic!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Make sure you have done some research on the company....
Good luck-hopefully it will be better than you think!!!