So many questions regarding FLUTD/Feline idiopathic cystitis

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Judysol

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well I am officially stressed to the max. Luca had one last Rx wet food to try and he will not eat Tryed mixing the smallest amount in with other food but no go. I did purchase the Weruva of course he loves the Mideast feast and good with water added to It. Purchased some other chicken flavors to try but really wanted to get some food in him. Will try this evening.
I am Calling the vet again tomorrow to inform all urinary prescription diets are a no go to see if they have any advice.
I have been disappointed with all previous conversations because I knew he was not going to eat them and they kept pushing trying another one. Also, I feel like they have no guidance for me with the situation follow-ups etc. Just left one vet due to lack of care and inability to get Luca in. I feel like I’m walking on eggshells can’t relax because I’m constantly scared the blockage will happen again especially if he is not eating rx food. Sorry for rambling it just helps to get it out.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Have you tried the Purina Pro Plan Urinary Health Tract canned food? It is not prescription. I believe the same to be true of Wysong Uretic canned food. Blue Buffalo also has urinary care canned food.

Any canned food is better than dry for urinary issues, but worse-case scenario, you could try the dry foods and add water to see if he would eat them that way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Judysol

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
In addition to all the urinary rx formulas I’ve I tried non prescription pro plan wet, simply nourish urinary wet, IAMS dry urinary. I ordered wysong uretic to try He will not eat dry food with water added.