So I Made A Couple Of Terrible Mistakes...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Darkiplier

The Sire
Adult Cat
Purraise
Your parents will not allow you to keep the kitten?
Yeah. That's the problem right there. I'll do my best to find him the best home, though.

Darkiplier, I wrote my above post in reply to your post 15 before realizing there was a new post from you. I'm sorry you are not able to keep Tony but I know you will ensure he will be adopted in a suitable home. He is a lucky kitten to have been taken off the streets by you. I am sure that one day when you are older you will be the happy owner of a deserving kitten.
Aw, thanks. I do what I can, which honestly isn't much, sadly. I just regret not appreciating him enough when I had him. I regret taking him for granted.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What are your parents concerned about? Is there any way you could write up a plan so they feel more comfortable?

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Darkiplier I hope you will continue to visit this site even after you have found another home for Tony. You will learn a lot about kitten care and the enjoyment of living with them and many of the anecdotes are quite amusing.Some threads develop like serialized novels. One day before you know it you will be older and able to enjoy the company of your own lovable kittens well prepared with the knowledge acquired. In the meantime you can always continue to communicate and ask any questions you may have.

Last edited:

Safaria

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Bad. The heated towels and clock thing didn't work. I feel like I shouldn't have taken him in. He scares me. I look into his eyes and I see nothing. When he looks at me it almost feels like he wants to kill me. He's very calm and stares a lot. Like, he stares at nothing a lot. He walks very slowly.

He makes me immensely uncomfortable. I don't believe in demons and magic and whatnot, but something about little Tony just feels off. Almost like a wolf in sheep's clothing. He's giving me the butterflies. Is that normal?
This is something I would expect to read from someone who named themselves darkiplier lol I'm about 86% sure hes not plotting your death. I'm leaving 14% because there is a small possibility he is Lol update us with pictures of little tony :D

Darkiplier

The Sire
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is something I would expect to read from someone who named themselves darkiplier lol I'm about 86% sure hes not plotting your death. I'm leaving 14% because there is a small possibility he is Lol update us with pictures of little tony :D
Pretty sure all cats plot to destroy us all and take over the universe. But nah. I just felt really bad for him, and I still do.
What are your parents concerned about? Is there any way you could write up a plan so they feel more comfortable?
We never really stood a chance, but I failed to recognise that. And because of this, he suffered. He didn't get what he deserved.
Darkiplier I hope you will continue to visit this site even after you have found another home for Tony. You will learn a lot about kitten care and the enjoyment of living with them and many of the anecdotes are quite amusing.Some threads develop like serialized novels. One day before you know it you will be older and able to enjoy the company of your own lovable kittens well prepared with the knowledge acquired. In the meantime you can always continue to communicate and ask any questions you may have.
I've been on this site for some time. Now, and I'm not planning to leave it soon.

I had a dream a couple of days ago about Tony. He wasn't doing very well. I just called the pet shop to check on him and he told me that Tony died. He found him dead the next day he got him. He said Tony was very sick, but I know it's all my fault. I didn't feed him well and I didn't take good enough care of him like I should have. I killed him. I thought I rescued him, that I was doing him a favour, but I was only making things worse for him.

I'm sorry, Tony. I'll never feel his warm belly again, or his little nose bumping against mine again. I'll never feel his little headbutt once more. I'll miss the times when he'd lay on me or put his little head on my arm and sleep. But most of all, I miss his sweet and gentle purr. I miss my little shadow, who followed me around wherever I went, who would only sleep beside me at night, who was so gentle and sweet and loving.
IMG_20180930_101726.jpg

I miss you, Tony.

Attachments

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so, so sorry.

But I also want to tell you: you didn't kill him. He was clearly sick and weak when you found him. You gave him something to eat, and you gave him love, and then you gave him to someone who could give him even better care. Kittens are fragile, and sometimes, there's nothing you can do.

Darkiplier

The Sire
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so, so sorry.

But I also want to tell you: you didn't kill him. He was clearly sick and weak when you found him. You gave him something to eat, and you gave him love, and then you gave him to someone who could give him even better care. Kittens are fragile, and sometimes, there's nothing you can do.
Thank you.
But maybe if I fed him a better diet he'd have been better.
But I cannot undo the past. You're right. Thanks, mate.