SO Excited!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I wasn't intending to never clip his claws. I will start in a few days, he's only been in my house 4 days now and he's getting more comfortable with me each day.

beach bum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sohni,

The chance of one of your furbabies becoming injured in their play (often hard to distinguish from fighting) may become more likely when Tsekani is no longer a kitten. Two adult males (and two adult females) can often really fight and injure their opponent. When you go to your first show you will find that in the judges cages males and females are alternated for this very reason. A male's cage is not situated next to another male's cage. Same for females.

While we do not mean for you to overreact to this quite natural way of things, do take care and keep an eye on them.

While not funny at the time, we will show you another photo of Samwise, as much as he hates our doing this. In this photo we call him "Samwise the Sad." One of his male litter-mates was either confused or gay, and he tried to mate with Samwise (after Samwise had been neutered). As is their custom, the big male grabbed Samwise by the neck with his teeth, and caused a rather bad wound. The vet's recommendation for keeping Samwise from licking the wound, and removing all his medication, was to cut off the bottom of a large wool sock, cut two holes for the front legs, and give Samwise a "turtle-neck sweater." While Samwise didn't care for this at all, this did solve the problem of his licking off his medication.

Speaking of shows, BTW. The wound was so bad that Samwise had to wear his sweater for almost 3 months, and he fell way behind in his cat show schedule working toward his GP.

Here, for your amusement, is a photo of "Samwise the Sad."

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a23...a/SWtheSad.jpg

Take care, and all the best from all of us in Texas,

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That picture made me think of this one:

My chihuahua Midge pulled out her spay sutures three times, and the final time, on top of the cone, the vet had me make a body cast out of my sock. I was not allowed to remove it for even 1 minute for a full 2 weeks. She was that fast when it came to suture ripping. Not a happy dog.