So angry with the catsitter.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Thoenix

So we can't contact her tonight as she is out. We should be seeing her tomorrow, though.
Good time to talk it over.

We didn't pay her. It never occurred to me to offer her money since she has never offered us money for looking after her child--we babysit him on a semi-regular basis. I really figured turn-about was fair play, you know?
Maybe she was thinking that too, however, realize some people have a flawed sense of balance. In their mind, 7 pounds is 17 pounds, figuratively speaking. Not to put words in her mouth but maybe she's thinking "Great! I 'paid' them back for the babysitting. Now we're even." We all know money is hardly the easiest topic to discuss, but sometimes it needs to be done and tremendously helpful once it's out in the open. Family and friends are excellent at "doing the dance" (the dance of avoidance) but I can totally relate to your thought process on why the money issue never occurred to you.

I'm hoping MAYBE that not enough damage was done to him that he'll be okay
Vibes for that!!

zohdee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Maybe Leo was just mad and showed his displeasure by peeing outside the box.

I am so sorry something like that happened. When my kitties are out of food at night, they literally knock on my door, sometimes as early as 5 am.

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Issues like this is why I became a pet sitter ...

Even though she was not a professional I still would be asking some very firm questions... My guess is since you kinda called and threw it on her last minute maybe with some questioning you will find out she had local plans...Not an excuse but prehaps so information did not get exchanged right
Ditto. I'm a pet sitter too and I get lots of business thanks to people like your neighbor. Pet sitting is incredibly taxing on your time and requires a lot of responsibility. Very few people can do it well.

Like others have mentioned, I'd talk to her. Perhaps there was a legitimate misunderstanding. Give her an opportunity to defend herself in such a case. If not, then you know you need to find someone new. This is a great web site to find professional pet sitters at.