Snuffly has gone

allie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
When you guys were talking about how you would say goodnight to your kittens and how one of you didn't expect them to die, well that is exactly what I am going through. We unexpectedly were adviced to put 2 of our 3 cats to sleep last Thursday. It was really heartbreaking. The only good thing was the dream I had Wednesday night. One of my cats had very bad ears, they had enfections and scabs on the outside that wouldn't heal because he appaerently had F.I.V. (he was an outside cat sometimes and he would go fight the neighghbor cats if they tried to go in his territory, he kinda thought he was a gaurd dog I think(J/K) Well to the point of the story, in my dream my cat was walking to heaven and as he was walking, his ears started healing and getting better and better. When he arrived at heaven, his ears were cured and his pain was gone. I felt a lot better after that dream, it kind of seemed to be a sirn that we were doing the right thing. So there is my story, I am sorry if it bored you or seemed dumb.

cooie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
BrianC, and everyone else, please don't feel guilty about not acting sooner! Please don't! The fact that cats are quirky creatures to begin with combined with the fact that they can't tell us when they are sick means that even the very best, most conscientious kitty owner often does not know anything is wrong until the last minute.

Please, instead of feeling guilty, take pride in the fact that y'all are loving, compassionate humans who gave your kitties the most humane, loving, comfortable existence possible for an animal that so often suffers from abuse and neglect through ignorance. Even a few years of a pampered life is better than a lifetime on a harsh street.

angel

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
im so sorry about your snuffly it is like losing one of the famliy.

jakenjinx

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
that is terrible - I hope you are okay - 2 out of 3 - how sad for you - but you did the right thing and no, you are not dumb for expressing your feelings about your animals!

jacquiefaith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Allie, forst of all your story was not boring or dumb! I am so sorry about your loss. I think all of us here know exactly how you feel.

Cooie - Thank you so much for what you said. You are right and hearing those words does make me feel a little better. I know I gave Norty a good life and I think he forgives me too.