snick and jasper's integration thread

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

@mickNsnicks2mom   I really like the first way you wrote up the "snick and i discussed it (well, i discussed it with snick)" part.  I honestly, can just picture that conversation.
That is so neat, that you get both cats their own birthday gifts.  My animals just get small Christmas gifts. I do like the look of that Forever Cat Scratcher, and it seems very practical.  For me the cost is a little high, with shipping, but at least they do ship to Canada. 

I had forgot to mention, in your other thread on wall furniture, that I really appreciate the links and design ideas.  I don't necessarily go out and try making them, but I stay on the lookout for deals.

Nice. Your Jasper is really going to have a great celebration, but yes, the biggest gift is the official adoption part.  I agree with @Angels mommy about the "time to exhale and celebrate"...it really does feel like a huge relief when all the paperwork, and vet stuff is out of the way.  And totally agree with Stewball, both cats really have a special mum and cat carer/companion.

Ahh, great to know that I'm not the only one with ideas that may be a little 'off the wall' or unusual.  I like your description of 'creative'. 

I don't really know anything about ponies, so I'm not sure why a pony and cart could not be tied up and parked outside of a store. My guess would be that they may take off or get stolen, but not sure.

But yes, I would imagine that taking care of a pony would be a lot of work, and feed to buy, so probably expensive, too.

I was thinking that an electric tricycle or an e-bike with three wheels, would be good for my elderly dad, when he's on holidays, and needs to go to the store, and does not want to walk, but there are probably road laws, insurance and theft to be concerned about, so that idea didn't get far.

So true, it's good if we see the humour in things, because our lives and our animal's lives are too short, to always be serious.  Wouldn't be much fun, then.

I just tell my animals that I won't leave them at the vet, but I like your words a whole lot better. 

thank you! i really wanted to discuss adopting jasper with snick, partly to get a feel for how she might be feeling towards him. they really get along very well, with snick in charge of course. i've always said that i could never have chosen a more compatible cat than jasper for snick.

awww......thank you! i love both snick and jasper very dearly.

i know that the local amish community don't drive their horse/buggies when shopping. my thought is that the horse could get spooked while they're in shopping, or the horse/buggy could get stolen or damaged.

i always place a high value on being able to 'think outside the box'. sometimes things only get accomplished by trying new and unusual approaches. and i firmly believe that there's always a way to get something we want done, we just have to research and find that way. so, off the wall or unusual ideas sometimes can make the difference between accomplishing or not accomplishing something.

yes! and, laughter keeps us feeling good, even healthy.