Smudge update

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my! I would be dying from the waiting. I was such a nervious wreck when all mind got spayed! How are you holding up?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was going nuts today and counting down the minutes until i could call and find out whether she had been done!! Because I got Lily just after she'd been done, and hadn't had Stumpy long and probably weren't going to be keeping her I wasn't too worried about them, but having this little girl waiting to be spayed tore me apart today!

So she still hasn't been done and I have to go through all this AGAIN another time!!!

Oh and she weighs 3lb now! She was 12 oz when I first got her 2 months ago

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no, still not spayed? Did I read that right?

I was so anxious in the run up to Radar's surgery, then even worse when he was at the vets and I was waiting to hear it went ok - I can't imagine having to go through that and then not have it done and then have to go through it all over again another day.

Hope they manage to fit her in next time

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I was going nuts today and counting down the minutes until i could call and find out whether she had been done!! Because I got Lily just after she'd been done, and hadn't had Stumpy long and probably weren't going to be keeping her I wasn't too worried about them, but having this little girl waiting to be spayed tore me apart today!

So she still hasn't been done and I have to go through all this AGAIN another time!!!

Oh and she weighs 3lb now! She was 12 oz when I first got her 2 months ago
Are they trying to give you a heart attack & kill you?

I must also add, it's great that you're so understanding about other kitties getting higher priority in the whole deal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My little girl is back at the shelter. She has an 11am appt with the ophthalmologist, so the animal control officers will take her to that, and I'll ring up this arvo and see how she went, and pick her up after work.

I'm spewing that I can't take her, but today's my last day in my current job and I have too much to do, and I should let the shelter look after it all since she still officially belongs to them.

She's been in there so often now for her weekly check ups, then 2 days there last week "maybe" getting spayed. So this morning when I took her in, she cowered in her box where she's normally really curious and outgoing. Then I put her in a cage there, and I'd taken in her and Lily's little bed, and she crawled straight into that and huddled into that at the back of the cage.

Poor little baby

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

She's been in there so often now for her weekly check ups, then 2 days there last week "maybe" getting spayed. So this morning when I took her in, she cowered in her box where she's normally really curious and outgoing. Then I put her in a cage there, and I'd taken in her and Lily's little bed, and she crawled straight into that and huddled into that at the back of the cage.

Poor little baby
Oh, poor Smudge, and poor you. It's awful when they're sad and scared.