Slippery elm

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M Madison P. McGuire's mom , I don't know what you finally decided about using slippery elm for your cat's constipation but I wanted to report back and say that I've been feeding Vet's Best "hairball relief digestive aid" tablets -- Astragal14 Astragal14 had mentioned them -- for the last few weeks to our cat who tends to get constipated and she's gotten surprisingly regular. She also just seems happier and more eager to eat than she's been in ages. (Maybe because she's less constipated!) Our other cat, the one who had been nauseous and vomiting, has been getting slippery elm syrup that I make myself. That's working pretty well for her but I want to transition her over to the tablets, both because they're easier to use and because they contain other beneficial ingredients for cats who build up hair, which she does... Anyway, Edwina also seems more regular since she's been getting tablets. Neither cat is on the full tablet dose of 2 a day; Ireland gets 1.5 and Edwina's at about 1 but I'm going to keep increasing their tablets until they get to 2 each per day.

I should add that it's probably not just the tablets and elm that are helping: I've also brought in some new raw foods, including one with psyllium husk, one with pumpkin, and another with probiotics.

Anyway, I hope your cat is doing better, too!