Sleeping With a 10 Pound Bag of Potatoes on Your Chest.

hbunny

Cat herder - Pooper Scooper
Super Cat
Purraise

You're missing out on a lot of fun, though.  The wide rides give more warmth 
HAHA  I will have to tell Stack this...he has topped out at 18 pounds, despite his diet (and his complaints that he is starving all the time).  It's like he has reached a plateau and just stopped losing weight!  I love my chubby monster, but for his health, I gotta get him slimmer!  He waddles!

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was really restless and sleepless night with 4 cats on my bed and even cat's seem to prefer bit less crowded sleeping so they have now split to two gangs, random two sleeping at main building and random two taking claims of my bed in other building.

That has also something to do with me cooking pea soup and getting smaller building over 100 degrees in a process, there is a limit how much heat cat can take...

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It was really restless and sleepless night with 4 cats on my bed and even cat's seem to prefer bit less crowded sleeping so they have now split to two gangs, random two sleeping at main building and random two taking claims of my bed in other building.

That has also something to do with me cooking pea soup and getting smaller building over 100 degrees in a process, there is a limit how much heat cat can take...
Really? I have seen mine laying in the sun on the back porch with the temp at 110.

Last edited:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Really? I have seen mine laying in the sun on the back porch with the temp at 110.
I guess yours are not arctic breed :lol3:

Mine have grown quite good winter coat already, really thick so that they can walk around outdoors in snow, they really don't tolerate well high temps in their winter coats, not much more than 75 degrees, if there is more temp they seek to cool off on floor or go outside for a moment.

My bed is more than 3ft up from the floor and floor is quite cold, so they can find more suitable temperature if temp rises too much on bed.

Cats are amazing in how they can adapt, here it is very rare to get even close to 100 degrees outdoors, so these have adapted during countless of generations to cold climate, they do fine at 0 degrees which probably would be too extreme for cats whom ancestors have lived at warm area for generations.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
My cats are very similar to yours @JTbo  They'll run around in the snow and ice and it doesn't seem to bother them at all. They are all very well insulated though. They make great furry hot-water bottles at this time of year.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background

My cats are very similar to yours @JTbo  They'll run around in the snow and ice and it doesn't seem to bother them at all. They are all very well insulated though. They make great furry hot-water bottles at this time of year.

That's a good way of putting it. Honeybee loves to go outside no matter the temp. Although this week she only goes out for very short periods of time. She loves to sniff and walk on the snow when we do get it but if its 20 or below she hates it. She will run back outside.

on a good note this morning woke up with the Honeybee on my chest. She was quite ticked off when I had to wake her up. she gave me her grouchy look and I should have taken a picture of it. She squints at me out of her left eye and keeps the right one closed. She didn't want to be woken up but I was late getting out of bed. She growled when  I had to sit up and turn her around to flop over my knees in order to give her her morning puffs.  Then she was fine because she went to Jon and begged for Treats.
 Oh and the food dish was totally empty but the second one was still full-so either she just wanted to get warm and snuggle with me or she wanted me to wake up and feed her.