Skin problem

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kingarthurmummy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Please, don't become a backyard breeder. There are too many unwanted cats/kittens out there already.  You say you want the best for your cat. Get him neutered, then.  It is not fair to put him through the hormone-driven stress of needing to mate.
What you said, is the first thing I want to do but since my husband doesn't want him neutered, I have to follow his word. Regard this, all my cats ( in my father house ) all have neutered. My dad said is the best way for them and won't give them health problem. But I will keep this in my mind and try to talk about this with my husband. Here in malaysia, people doesn't like to neutered their cat. They love to breed them and sell their cats kitten. Sometime, I wonder why they do that.. Not everyone love cats. One time I have this neighbor who hate cats. They try to thrown them away and abuse them. But still when somebody having new kitten,this type of people will be the first one to ask about those kitten. This happen in malaysia. Hopefully my husband will agreed about neutered him :)

tammyp

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I second what has been said about food.  If it is available, wet food (canned food).  You can even give some raw meat treats (just freeze first for 3 days as this will kill the bugs).  Dry food has little to no nutrition and is associated with a lot of health problems.  Any 'omega threes' is pretty much marketing hype - the high cooking temps (like a crematorium, not a stove) render them useless.  But yes, the fish oil capsules will be ok (human grade, not salmon oil due to toxicity).  

And please neuter 

kingarthurmummy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I second what has been said about food.  If it is available, wet food (canned food).  You can even give some raw meat treats (just freeze first for 3 days as this will kill the bugs).  Dry food has little to no nutrition and is associated with a lot of health problems.  Any 'omega threes' is pretty much marketing hype - the high cooking temps (like a crematorium, not a stove) render them useless.  But yes, the fish oil capsules will be ok (human grade, not salmon oil due to toxicity).  

And please neuter 
Thank you. Will buy fish oil..about his food, I will try raw food. Will update about him.

tammyp

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If you are going to give raw food as TREATS, jump straight in.

If you are going to feed raw food as his diet, then there's a lot of reading to do, and a commitment to doing some calculations and weighing out things so that you get the diet balanced.  The raw feeding forum will help you no-end.  Here's their resource list: http://www.thecatsite.com/t/240809/raw-feeding-resource-thread

kingarthurmummy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can anyone give me name of the good shampoo for Persian cat that has sensitive skin and no hair fall? And how to grooming a long hair cat? Need advice. Tq :)

Last edited:

kingarthurmummy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If you are going to give raw food as TREATS, jump straight in.

If you are going to feed raw food as his diet, then there's a lot of reading to do, and a commitment to doing some calculations and weighing out things so that you get the diet balanced.  The raw feeding forum will help you no-end.  Here's their resource list: http://www.thecatsite.com/t/240809/raw-feeding-resource-thread
Thank you so much. I will read those thread. :)

kingarthurmummy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Help me!!! My cat got flea... I want to know is there any product that i can use beside flea shampoo? Because my cat got allergic to flea shampoo. Please help..

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you can get it, Frontline or Advantage is the best way to go. Don't use the cheap Hartz drops. They will make your cat sick. Also, don't buy a flea collar.

kingarthurmummy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you. One thing i really wanna know is flea are same with fungal and bacteria? It make easy for me cause right now I'm using FIDO anti-bacteria shampoo. Only this shampoo,he doesn't feel itchy. And is there any tips how to stop flea around the house?

kingarthurmummy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Need advice about apple cider vineger. I read all about it but still curious. Can ACV make hair loss? Also can it use for spray at his hair just for clear his fles?