Simon: Freak, or freakishly intelligent?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

noni

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
All right, time for an update on Simon's career search.

I think he wants to be a Dr. now.

As most of you know, I've been very very ill since December 26. Feverish, sneezing, the flu, exhausted, coughing, sinus and bronchial infections, the works.

So there I am, feverish in bed. I've got the kleenex and cough drops next to me, and I've been sneezing. I feel another sneeze coming, and I start the before-the- sneeze-sniffle. You know, the ah,ah,ah,ah.....when Simon comes bounding over, places his paws on my chin, and pokes his head into my open mouth. He mews a bit, and then sits back, readjusts his paws, and pokes his nose into my nose. He mews again, I sneeze, he jumps backwards, and then comes over and sniffs me as I'm blowing my poor nose. I dump the used tissue on the floor, roll over, and lay there, hot and chilly at the same time.

Simon comes over, lays next to me, staring at me with worried eyes. He reaches out and pats my face - my nose, specifically - and then my forehead. He leans over and licks my head (the very first time he's ever done that), and then lays down with me. When I woke several hours later, he was still there. And between his outstreched paws was a coughdrop. I might've brought it there in my feverish stupor, but I like to think Simon brought it over for when I woke.

Sweet, sweet little guy. I could do without a throat exam from him, or a nasal check, but still, he's such a sweet little guy.

And yes, he's still answering my phone....

Best-
Michele

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by noni

When I woke several hours later, he was still there. And between his outstreched paws was a coughdrop. I might've brought it there in my feverish stupor, but I like to think Simon brought it over for when I woke.

oh Simon your so clever - good boy for looking after your Mum

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by noni

I feel another sneeze coming, and I start the before-the- sneeze-sniffle. You know, the ah,ah,ah,ah.....when Simon comes bounding over, places his paws on my chin, and pokes his head into my open mouth. He mews a bit, and then sits back, readjusts his paws, and pokes his nose into my nose. He mews again, I sneeze, he jumps backwards, and then comes over and sniffs me as I'm blowing my poor nose.
What a funny thing to see that must be, let alone to experience! Well I'm glad Dr. Simon is keeping an eye on you, and I hope you're feeling better!

pepper girl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Michele, I swear to God you have the most intelligent, sweetest kitty in the world.
My Pepper is will more loving when I'm sick or upset but Simon is just amazing. I can't believe he answers your phone..lol
. I would love for Pepper to be able to do that, there are times when I just don't want to answer my phone (home or cell). You have defintely got to keep us updated on Simon's antics. I hope you are feeling better soon....Pepper and I will be sending healing vibes your way.

mrsd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there an IQ test for cats? Grayce is very intelligent, but her son just isn't. He's loving, affectionate, and sweet. I don't mind his silly ways. But I sometimes wonder at the differences in their brains.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

noni

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What a funny thing to see that must be, let alone to experience! Well I'm glad Dr. Simon is keeping an eye on you, and I hope you're feeling better!
I'm almost where I can do a full day's work again...almost.

Simon is such a nutball...he's like "Little Man Tate." I just can't keep up with him. During the recent storm, my house got stuffy and overwarm. I opened the laundry room window to get some air in the house, and lifted Simon up to let him smell and see the rain. He loved it. Later, I was running laundry, and switching from the washer to the dryer, and Simon had put his paws up on the door, and was looking at me like "hey, Mom, ready whenever you are. I wanna do that again!"

And he's still answering my phone. I've discovered the surefire way to know I've missed a call. If the contents of my purse are scattered throughout the room, and the phone is out of it...yep, I missed a call. What's really funny is my ringer is Bach, not the normal ring or tones...he just loves that song. I've thought I should get it on a CD for him...but he might destroy the house. And he's still bringing me the mail...

He is my good boy, no doubt. I love him dearly, and he loves me back just as dearly. It's so cute.

More as events warrant....

Best-
Michele

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the update, he sure sounds amazing!

Just wanted to let you know... the other day my boyfriend called my phone, and I have a certain ring for him. Baylee was sitting on the couch with me and when she heard it, she ran to my purse and stuck her head in. By the time I caught up with her, her little nose was touching my phone.

So there's a little Simon in her yet!

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Simon is so precious! I think you could write a series of children's books on him! I love that he is trying to be your doctor, Michele (and your receptionist
).

Looks like Bay would also test pretty well on the Cat IQ test, Ari. Lucky you!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pinkdaisy226

I didn't mean "just become a cat" in a bad way mind you, I just meant it in the way that Baylee just sleeps all day, runs away from the phone, fights me when she needs a pill and has no interest in the toilet, other than trying to get in.
exactly - this is Normal Cat Behavior - Simon is exceptional!

Originally Posted by SnowLeop

Simon is so precious! I think you could write a series of children's books on him!
i think this would be a great idea - we've had lots of people come to the primary school with books they've written that involve animals. the books are not usually very good - but the pics are usually cute, & the animal comes with them to promote the book. your stories about Simon are so funny, they make me laugh out loud, sitting at my desk! you should DEFINITELY write a book! & have pics to go with it!