Silver Bengal kitten with loose, odorous stool

twokatz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Chris you said you had all the above tests but you don't mention if you had the test for Tritrichomonas, it can't be done by your vet and the stool needs special handling as the parasite is fragile outside the body, false negative results are common. I urge you to google Jody Gookin, she has a website that has very comprehensive info on TF. One of the problems with TF cats is that ANY change in diet can trigger an episode. The loose, smelly stools can come and go and many cats resolve it but remain carriers. My two cats have TF but unfortunately can't tolerate the Ronidazole. TF is very common in Bengals as well as other catteries but few vets are knowlegable about it. Please check this out, I wish I had known about it when mine were kittens, maybe I could've saved a lot of money and health problems.

cosmicechoes

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitty appears to be a Bengal kitty. Her mother was a wild cat and the kittens were rescued. She has had a strong smelling, loose stool since she was tiny. She is now about 4 mo old and still has it. The vet gave us probiotics but that hasn't helped. She was tested for worms and parasites (standard tests as far as I know). She is hungry and begging all the time. She pushed the other cats away so she can eat first then finished all they don't eat. She is gaining more weight than she should and we are going to have to start cutting back on her diet.

Any suggestions on what her problem may be? I am going to have another stool test done next week.