Signs of labour?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yep my gorgeous not Tabs, I hadn't planned on keeping any of the kittens at all until he was born and I literally feel in love with him instantly

This was him at about an hour old

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks you :D

feralfamilyofpi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so glad things are going so well for you and Daisy.  And the babies!  I honestly did not know you could neuter so young.  Unfortunately, Piper has not had such an easy time of it.  I gave two of her babies away last Sunday.  Monday, she got spayed.  On top of everything, she had a very bad reaction to the anesthesia.  It was awful!  Oh boy, was she hurt and mad at me!  She would not come out of hiding for 3 days!  I couldn't even check her incision.  (She was a feral but had made such progress before this).  Well I was so upset and I contacted an Animal communicator.  In a very short version, Piper was very upset.  She was very grateful for the safe place to live and have her babies, but she did not realize that the babies would be taken from her.  She was not at all happy with the spaying either.  She was so unprepared for all these changes.  I feel awful, you have no idea.   All these things she did not have a say in it.  Idk, I am beginning to think what right do I have to make these choices for another being.  Anyway that can be a whole new thread someday when I have time to recover from all this guilt.  But!  One good thing that both her and I are happy about!  She made clear that she wants to keep her last baby and of course I promised her she could.  This is GB Pi. 
Anyway, Piper has come around mostly.  But it will take some time to get to where we were before.  I have to earn that trust back.  But we are working on it.  

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aww bless I'm so sorry things went so badly for you, I was so worried that Daisy wouldn't forgive me for the whole vet trip / spaying but luckily she reacted the opposite and I think was just so thankful that I came back for her, I think she'd actually thought I'd abandoned her when I left her at the vets! She doesn't seem to have noticed one of her babies has gone, that first night she did wander around seeming to look for her but no crying and by the next day was fine, I'm hoping to let the next 2 go one at a time to try and minimise the distress. I hope Piper continues to come round and forgives you soon, that little kitten is so adorable :D

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Quick update, the second of the kittens went to his new home on Sunday and is already settling in well

Here he is with his new big brother:

And here's a pic of Lily who went to her new home 3 weeks ago snuggling with her new big sister:

And lastly here's the 2 still with me, we've not yet secured a home for Mr Tickles as even though my mum wanted him my dad completely refused :-( I've got a few people asking their friends though so I'm still hopeful he won't have to go to a complete stranger

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The cat pictures are wonderful. Thanks for sharing with us their "new home" pictures. Some cats are so blessed. :nod:

feralfamilyofpi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That is so cool!  What very happy  lucky kitties!  I have gotten updates that mine are doing fantastic in their new homes, although I have not received any pictures, even though I have hinted.   I am going to complain!  

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aww that's a shame, to be fair these 2 have gone to friends and they're posting pictures on Facebook for me to see, not sure if I'll get pictures from wherever MR Tickles ends up

lyricalformula

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for this thread Mum2Daisy!!  And everyone else who commented here for that matter. :)  Its made me feel much more at ease about this whole pregnant cat thing.

I've been silently perusing the site for a few weeks now getting info for our own impending births.... I have two female cats who are both expecting (I know its crazy! But a local Tom, somehow managed to knock the screen off of the basement window and we woke one morning to the sounds of.... well you know... lol)

Anyways, that was in the middle of April and my two lovely ladies are now plump with kitties and I'm an anxious Mama, analyzing their every move, most recently they have just camping out under the bed... so I'm thinking....  It must be soon!

So I just wanted to say thanks!  Your thread helped me realize that everything will happen in time...  I need to relax... lol   Oh and Tabs is beautiful!  

~FiFi and CeCe's Mum