Signs of labour?

feralfamilyofpi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you Mum2Daisy and LolaSky!  The 3 one down is Mr. Peabody Pi and he is so very special!  Ok, well they are alll  :)  Names from top to bottom, GB Pi (short for Grandbaby Pi) Razzi short for Raziel, Peabody Pi, Jezebel (the painted lady haha) and last but not least my Dora the Explorer!  

feralfamilyofpi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh LolaSky!  I have to admit if I were to pick a favorite (don't tell the others though) it would absolutely be Dora!  She is Miss Personality all over the place!  Such a sweetie too!  Always wants to be all over me when I walk into the room.  There is just something about her that I can't explain.  I think that she has come for a purpose though.  Her new forever family has had some very tragic losses last year and I really believe that Dora has come to bring some joy into their hearts.  :)  If I didn't believe that there would be no way I could give her up.  

rachelinaz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh... such pretty babies all around! Congrats to the Grams!

We got our kittens, two at 7 weeks and one was 9 weeks old.
Mew (oldest of the 3) was eye dropper fed and then bottle fed. Other two were bottle fed.
I am assuming the foster parents were getting tired of feeding them. Once they took food... off they went.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kittens are 9 and a half weeks now and doing fab, one of them (The only girl) has gone to her new home and settled in well with their other kitten who's just a little older, the other 2 that are going are here till 12 weeks as one is going to live with an adult cat and the other will be an only cat.
I've spoilt them and bought a huge cat tower which they love, here's some pics:

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow, they've grown!

Is that Momma cat sitting at the bottom of the cat tree?
They certainly have grown, at last weigh in a few days ago they were 970g, 1010g, 1150g & 1200g! Yes that's mum and son both looking out of the window, the kids were playing outside and being watched lol

feralfamilyofpi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Mum2Daisy!  Oh my gosh, they just keep getting cuter and cuter!  I love your cat tower!  I also bought one for mine (a little different though) and they love theirs also.  I let one of mine go at 8 weeks to an elderly couple who had recently lost their 22 year old cat.  The lady also just had open heart surgery and they were in dire need of a kitten to love.  He is doing wonderful and they love him so much.  I am thinking of letting 2 more go this weekend at 10 weeks.  I honestly do not want to, I love them so much.  I didn't know this would be so hard!  I want to wait till 12 weeks, but I also think maybe it is best that they get used to their new home sooner rather than later.  I don't know, I m so torn!  These two are going together so they have each other for comfort.  Also Mama Piper has an appointment to be spayed on Monday.  These weeks went by way too fast!  Good job with you and yours, I love your updates!

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just picked my brave girl Daisy up from being spayed, the vet said she's only 12-13 months old bless her, he said she has Persian in her which explains our long haired Tabs, I didn't realise just how long haired she was either until seeing the shaved patch, here's a pic of her enjoying some much needed food after her 24 hours without

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awww bless her, the vet could be wrong. My vet told me Tigger was only about a year old when she had her cesarean, but I'd had her for 8 months and she was adult sized then. She may just be a small cat :-)... She's beautiful by the way

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He based it on her teeth so not sure how accurate that is

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just a quick update, Daisy has recovered well from her spaying, she didn't let the kittens nurse at all for 4 days and only caved then as they all had a quick check up at the vets due to runny poops and they were so distressed by the time we got back that she just lay down and let them nurse, nearly made me cry how sweet it was that she put them first and just wanted to comfort them! That was last Tuesday and I've only seen them nurse a couple of times since then. Daisy has actually become more affectionate since her spaying especially with my kids which is lovely for them.

Tabs, the kitten that we're keeping was neutered yesterday but once we got him home you really wouldn't have known he'd had anything done, he was just as mad running all over the place and still wrestling with his brothers, it really is much easier for a boy and given how easy it is I'd urge everyone to get their kittens neutered at a young age, had it not been for this site I would have mistakenly assumed you had to wait till 6 months which is what I was told when I had cats many years ago.

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes they really are adorable, the next of the kittens goes a week on Monday and I'm not looking forward to it, so sad to see them go :-(
Yes that's Daisy on top of the hanging cat tower, it's great as it comes with a hook to hang from any door so easy to put up and take down if you want to out it away at any time

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here's a little video of the kittens playing tonight, they'd done most of the mad dashing before I managed to get the camera out and were somewhat calmer when I was filming

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes they really are adorable, the next of the kittens goes a week on Monday and I'm not looking forward to it, so sad to see them go :-(
Yes that's Daisy on top of the hanging cat tower, it's great as it comes with a hook to hang from any door so easy to put up and take down if you want to out it away at any time
i'm not sure i could let kittens go once i got to know them. that's got to be so hard! on the other hand, daisy's babies are so cute, and in your video you can see how happy and well-adjusted they are -- so their new families are very lucky to be adopting them. have the new families met their kittens yet?

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It really is hard, the first of them went almost 2 weeks ago now though she did go to my best friend, if I could keep them all I would but I never planned to have any cats until Daisy pushed her way into my life lol so her and one kitten is all I can keep. They're all going to people I know so that makes it easier, Louie the next to go hasn't met his family yet but they have seen lots of pictures. The last of them to go is a bit up in the air now as my mum wants him but my dad is currently saying no, mum usually gets her way though so I'm hopeful.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It really is hard, the first of them went almost 2 weeks ago now though she did go to my best friend, if I could keep them all I would but I never planned to have any cats until Daisy pushed her way into my life lol so her and one kitten is all I can keep. They're all going to people I know so that makes it easier, Louie the next to go hasn't met his family yet but they have seen lots of pictures. The last of them to go is a bit up in the air now as my mum wants him but my dad is currently saying no, mum usually gets her way though so I'm hopeful.
Aww, I know how you feel. It's so hard to let them go, isn't it?

Glad to hear that Daisy and Tabs are doing well after their spay and neuter. Boy kittens don't notice a thing, do they? It's so much easier getting the boys fixed.

I love your cat tree that hangs off the back of the door, what a great idea.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i think you're smart to know that two is all you are able to keep. have you decided which kitten you'll keep? you may have already posted that, but i missed reading it. i'm sure you have a close bond with daisy, after caring for her through her birthing the kittens.

i think that would help me, knowing the kittens would be going to people l know.