Sick of everything

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scottf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, tonight he is giving me limited belly rub priveleges. He even slpet on my bed for a while. He still gets hissy though

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Here's 2 more thoughts about Mr. Jinx's behavior:

It's February. Cats in our climate zones go into heat about now (April babies conceived in February). If Mr. Jinx isn't neutered and he is sensing females in heat outside, he can and will act how you are describing. He's frustrated by the need to reproduce and you aren't letting him do anything about it.

I have a cat with chronic bladder problems that are not easily diagnosed by a vet. When his condition flares up, my sweet little Muddy (the cat that will leap into my arms for love), hisses, scratches and bites me.

When he is under for his neuter, I would ask the vet to do a full urinalysis and ultrasound of his bladder. You want to look for a bacterial infection, crystals, and an inflamed bladder. He may still be ill. Bladder problems are not always easily diagnosed. And they are painful.

He's telling you something is wrong. He's not telling you he hates you. It's a shame that they can't speak English and we have to interpret their behavior.
I so much agree. I'm glad I combed over the thread before I posted, because I was going to say the same thing
. Intact males that sense a female in heat, but can't get outside to play "the dating game" will become very grumpy and agitated. And, they can sense these females from downright incredible distances, so it could be a stray or outside cat just wandering through a couple times a day, or it could be a neighbors female a block or two away.

nekkiddoglady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScottF

Well, tonight he is giving me limited belly rub priveleges. He even slpet on my bed for a while. He still gets hissy though
See, he doesnt hate you.

He's just a grumpy hornball. He may have caught the scent of a female in heat, or a rival male cat, and that is what is aggitating him.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That's wonderful -- belly rub privileges are the ultimate sign of trust.

Scott, do you have any pictures of Mr. Jinx? We'd love to see!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think neutering him will make a huge difference! When is he going in? How old is he?

scottf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well I have good news. Mr Jinx is back to his old loveable self. He has been sleeping on my lap for the last hour and my leg is falling asleep, lol. I found out my tax return is going to be a cool grand, so I made an appointment for him to get neutered. His claws are growing back nicely, although they still seem a bit sore

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
GREAT!!!! Make sure to discuss his change of behavior with the vet... I think he might been sick...

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well I have good news. Mr Jinx is back to his old loveable self. He has been sleeping on my lap for the last hour and my leg is falling asleep, lol. I found out my tax return is going to be a cool grand, so I made an appointment for him to get neutered. His claws are growing back nicely, although they still seem a bit sore
Very glad to hear that. I hope neutering him helps as well.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When does he go in to be neutered? The sooner the better. It will take several weeks I think for his hormones to settle down but I think you will see a HUGE difference in his personality afterwards. Good luck!

scottf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

When does he go in to be neutered? The sooner the better. It will take several weeks I think for his hormones to settle down but I think you will see a HUGE difference in his personality afterwards. Good luck!
I made an appointment for the second week in March. BTW, right now, I am using him as an arm rest as I type this, lol, he is back to his old loveable self...he likes sitting on my lap while I am on the computer.