Siamese Breeding Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

4kids4cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

CFA is my idol. I can't wait to one day visit a CFA show.
Sam,

I guess I take them for granted
If you really want to go to one and ever have the means to get to the US, I would take you! My daughter and her friends LOVE the cat shows. Rochester seems to have TONS of Persians at the shows.

We have our next show here Aug. 20 and then in a city close by again Sept 24,25.
They are back again here Oct 15 and 16.

I will take tons of pictures at our next show for you.

I don't show my cats, but just enjoy the shows.

Anyways....I knew you were annoyed when you signed your name Samantha not Sam....LOL

Have a great night!
Bobbie

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4kids4cats

<snip>and then in a city close by again Sept 24,25. <snip>
Bobbie
Ah...that has to be Salt City - a cfa club I used to belong to (and heaven help me I even was the show manager one year and survived!
)

4kids4cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

Ah...that has to be Salt City - a cfa club I used to belong to (and heaven help me I even was the show manager one year and survived!
)
No, that one would be Cicero. The city is Syracuse, NY. My twin sister lives there. It's about an hour and a half away from me. I am in Rochester, NY.

CFA shows are a lot of fun. I wish TICA would come to this area more often. I have a Bengal and a Chausie. Both are TICA breeds. My Ocicat and Egyptian Mau are allowed in CFA. There aren't that many of their breeds around though
Persians are really common here. So are Siamese. I see both listed in the local paper all the time for $150-$300 US. They probably are BYB... who knows....

Bobbie

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

No, that one would be Cicero. The city is Syracuse, NY. My twin sister lives there. It's about an hour and a half away from me. I am in Rochester, NY.

CFA shows are a lot of fun. I wish TICA would come to this area more often. I have a Bengal and a Chausie. Both are TICA breeds. My Ocicat and Egyptian Mau are allowed in CFA. There aren't that many of their breeds around though
Persians are really common here. So are Siamese. I see both listed in the local paper all the time for $150-$300 US. They probably are BYB... who knows....

Bobbie
Yes, the Syracuse CFA club is Salt City, I lived there for 40 years
I was unaware of the Cicero club (though to me Cicero is just an extension of Syracuse and I have no idea where the club holds meetings these days. It used to be at a restaurant on Erie Blvd, in Syracuse.

I know Rochester fairly well, and went to college (the first time) nearby in Geneva, NY

I recently heard that TICA is holding it's annual show in Syracuse this year - would be a good opportunity for you!

4kids4cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cool! I have never heard of the term Salt City, but that is probably because I am in Rochester
My sister is actually in the town of Clay. Right off route 81

I will have to check out the TICA schedule. I would love to see all the different breeds.

Well, time for bed and some attention from my kitten. He is 5 months old and at the "lovable" stage. He purrs when you look at him. He is a F2 Chausie so I am really shocked at how sweet he is.

My Ocicat is from a breeder in Syracuse.

Have a great night .....
Bobbie

4kids4cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey thanks for the heads up! I just looked it up and the show is Sept 3 and 4 for TICA. I already have that week off from work
WOOHOO

The state fair is also that week so I guess I will be spending a couple of nights at my sisters house.

Bobbie

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh lucky you...have a piece of Pizza Fritte for me if you do go to the fair

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
CyberKitten,

The part I was most angry at was that you assumed I wasn't a registered breeder.

We will have to agree to disagree on the only breeding cats that have show titles because quite honestly I think this is so stupid and I've never met anyone else who thought this was a good idea.

What about if a breeder shows a kitten and it does well winning best in shows everywhere and then they don't end up showing them as a cat because they have no time, can't they breed their cat?

Not everyone has the time to show. I'm 15 and this is my most important year at school so I've had to limit the number of shows I've been to this year. I think I've been to less then ten. My female which I have been showing has just turned into a cat and she will only get to one show as a cat because her Mummy is busy with school work.

Anyway thank you for your apology, and no reading everybodys profiles is not a requirement but it is a dangerous assumption to make about me not being registered.

I'm probably one of TCS's most anti backyard breeding members. I'm well known for letting backyard breeders know how I feel.

Sam

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Sam,

I guess I take them for granted
If you really want to go to one and ever have the means to get to the US, I would take you! My daughter and her friends LOVE the cat shows. Rochester seems to have TONS of Persians at the shows.

We have our next show here Aug. 20 and then in a city close by again Sept 24,25.
They are back again here Oct 15 and 16.

I will take tons of pictures at our next show for you.

I don't show my cats, but just enjoy the shows.

Anyways....I knew you were annoyed when you signed your name Samantha not Sam....LOL

Have a great night!
Bobbie
Hi Bobbie,

Awww if I ever get to your part of the USA. I will definitly let you know!

I love cat shows too. Sadly because this year is such a busy year at school for me I've only been able to attend about ten this year.

This year my clubs hosted three shows and next year we are hosting four. *sigh* It's hard work.

I'll definitly look forward to the photos. Thank you!!

LOL yup I do that when I'm annoyed and it's not too often either.

Thanks again, hope you have a nice night too

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.