Shredder has taken a turn for the worse

whisker's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mary Anne,

I am so sorry for your loss, and as I read everyone's posts, I could literally feel the compassion flowing from here. I believe everyone has said everything that can be said at a time like this. My heart goes out to you and Mike and fellow kitties. Shredder was definately a doll and....a very well loved one indeed. To have all those photos to cherish forever is a wonderful gift in itself.

All I can say now is: Another star is born.

(Whenever I've lost someone I loved dearly, I would sneak outside in the dark and gaze at the sky. No doubt, one star would always shine brighter than the others and catch my attention. It then became "the star" of that certain person. Perhaps, one night, when you are ready, maybe you should gaze up into the sky...Shredder may just have a special "twinkle" just for you.)

I know to some, this may seem corny but trust me,...it has helped me through quite a few difficult losses.

Sending hugs out your way.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What incredible eyes. Thank you for sharing his pictures with us. Don't know if this will be of any comfort at all or not, but you had advice for me each time I posted a question about what to do and how to help "our" feral family. You walked me through adopting first one of the kitties, and then the introduction of his brother. Shredder looks exactly like what you would get if your mixed Laz and Shelly together. Exactly. He has Lazlo's colors and almost exactly Shelly's markings. They will make me think of Shredder every day.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
P.S. Every one in this thread has had such beautiful things to say. But Whiser's Mom, that is really touching, and I'll never look at the sky the same again. Somehow, I think, it will be even more beautiful than it already is. I expect it will help many of us in a way we've never had before. Thanks for sharing.

whisker's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your compliment Laurie.

Honest: It is the most comforting thing in the world. A peacful sky and millions of "angels" to look up at.

If it even brings comfort to one person, it was worth sharing.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree, that was beautiful!! The stars will hold new meaning when I look at them now, and think of my loved ones! Thanks! I am sure Shredder has his own special star up there, too!