Shredder has taken a turn for the worse

debra myers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shredder's fight is over with and I am so very sorry that you bear the pain of his passing. You remain in my thoughts and prayers.
Come and talk to us when you can and feel up to it.
Deb.
For Shredder

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hissy, I'm so sorry. That's the only bad thing about pets - we tend to outlive them.

bren.1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry about Shredder. It is so hard to lose such a loved member of the family. You can console yourself with knowing that you gave him a great home and lots of love, which I know he returned. At least he is no longer in pain. I will keep you in my thoughts.

yola

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The first thing I did this morning at work was log onto the site to hear the news. And how awfully sad. Poor Shredder and poor Hissy and Mike. I'm so sorry it all went so downhill.

I was just reading the thread of posts and it was really weird. I read the thread where Hissy said Shredder gave her a hug and I kind of knew then that Shred was saying 'thanks and goodbye'. This was beore I even saw Debbie's post.

The poor baby is now relieved of his pain, and that is the ONLY consolation to this tragedy.

billchamb

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hissy,

I add my condolences to those of the group. I've no idea how hard this must be. Take respite in the fact you gave Shredder so much comfort and love and he apparently understood.

God bless you, Mike and all the rest.

Bill

sfell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know there are just no words I could say that would give you comfort, but I wanted to let you know that I care and have been thinking about you and yours all weekend. I guess someone up there needed him for a very special job
Hugs to you
((((()))))

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hissy - I know there are no words that can ease the pain you are in - but in time the good memories will outway the pain and a smile when thinking about him will replace tears. My heart is heavy and there is a knot in my throat as I am writing this - you are very luck to have known such a precious furbaby.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Like many others, I have tears in my eyes as I write this. I was hoping for that miracle, too. I am so sorry that Shredder didn't make it. You did everything humanly possible for him, and most important you loved him all you could. He knew both, and loved you and your family as much as he could. He wasn't with you nearly long enough, but the time you had together was precious and well spent.

My love and hugs to you and Mike. We are all mourning with you.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hissy, I am keeping you and Mike in my thoughts and prayers to help you thru this loss. All I can do is offer my support, as I know that nothing can really help easy the pain so close to this tragedy. Shredder is now standing watch over you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For your optimism, your prayers, your good wishes and thoughts. For emails I know were sent, but are somehow hosed up in our system and unable to be retrieved. For the candles that burned to light Shred's way.

Cats are so adept at masking and hiding their pain, and towards the end, it was evident that Shred was tired of the masquerade and simply wanted it to end. The growling and yowling intensified to a crescendo right before silence finally set in.

He was rescued from a diseased colony over 4 years ago and immediately laid on my chest. He died on my chest Sunday morning while I slept. Other than that words fail me. God must of wanted him more than we did.

I set up a page of pics of him, and invite you to share and celebrate his life by viewing them. Everytime Mike and I see a roll of toilet paper, we will remember all the times we had to take them away from this little scamp. We will remember, hopefully one day in the future without tears, all the mishaps and mischief he was so adept in getting used to. My clan is quieter these days, they also feel his loss. His brother misses him so. Thank you for pulling for him. He was a very special guy.

I hope this link works as it is a new photo site I am using. God Bless all of you for helping me keep this vigil and helping me keep it together. I think all you have to do is click on a picture to start it. His adult pictures are first, his kitten pictures are at the end. He was forever a kitten in his heart and that is how I will remember him.

Shredder

billchamb

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What an outstanding tribute/memorial to a beautiful creature.

Makes me tearful, again, looking at those and I didn't even know him.

Thank you so much for sharing him.

Condolences and blessings to you and yours.

Bill

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is a beautiful memorial to a very special little guy. I got teary all over again when I followed your link. Through your posts and stories, I feel like I know at least some of your babies, and Shredder worked his way into my heart even from afar. I can't imagine how much you, Mike and the rest of your furry family must miss him. (((((HUGS))))))

lotsocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a beautiful cat! I could see in his face what a character he was. He not only will be missed by his 4-legged and 2-legged family in Oregon, but will also be missed by his virtual family here at The Cat Site.

You and Mike are in my thoughts and prayers.

yola

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hissy, Shredder was a truly beautiful cat, and his pages are a fitting tribute to him. I viewed the pictures with a mixture of sadness at his passing, by also delight because he looked such a darling little kitty.

I do hope the pain for all of you begins to diminish soon.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hissy! What a great website you have set up for Shredder!! The pictures are just awesome, he was such a beautiful cat!! My favorite pictures are the one of him as a kitten, on the couch, with his paws up by his little face, and the one where you are bottle feeding him!

He has such personality in his face!

Thank you for sharing this with us!

My thoughts and prayers are still with you and Mike.

We love you!

And anytime you need us, we are here.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry I didn't get to post earlier. I'm sorry for your loss and hope in time the pain will subside..
Shredder looked like a spunky cat and I bet right now he's creating all sorts of wonderful mischief at the bridge, waiting for you.

bren.1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hissy, those are beautiful pictures. I love the ones of him with the dog, too cute. I know it is hard, but you gave him 4 years of love and happiness that he might not have had otherwise. Debby is right, his personality shows in those pictures.

My condolences.