Show Us Your Rescues : Then and Now Photos

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Willow does have times when she will literally fly at another cat (not Tigger) and be like "DIEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!" towards him/her :eek3:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
off topic but I don't know what I'll do when Tigger's no longer here

Willow can get unfriendly towards other cats, so idk what pet i would have to get for her so she's not alone in the house all day - literally
Willow does have times when she will literally fly at another cat (not Tigger) and be like "DIEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!" towards him/her :eek3:
So sorry that Willow is behaving this way. I think it's best to ask your questions here in Cat Behavior because those that knows how to handle such situation may not come into this thread as this is not a cat behavior forum and they won't be able to notice your questions.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Timmy is such a handsome boy - and looks exactly like our late Thomas, or TomTom, who crossed the Bridge thirty years ago next month. He was a darling boy, abandoned by unspeakable neighbours as a kitten. We got him up to the vet for neutering and his shots quicksmart. Poor boy only lived eight years before cancer got him.
Thank you for taking TomTom in and let him lived the best of his 8 years with you.

They said no, so he scooped him up.
Thank you for scooping Samuda up and giving him the happiest days of his life!

3f15cc28ca9f653f7e140df189cb3448.gif

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly,it does not bear thinking about at this time -unless of course your thinking about bringing in another kitty now

As our cats get older they often mellow with age and of course circumstances & environments are different which also contributes to behavior as well.... so,you don't know what lies ahead-cross that bridge when you come to it
Also,a word of encouragement- My Cheech (Hemingway)was a breeder( for years) .... hated other cats,vicious & highly aggressive especially being an intact male plus super protective of his woman(lol) and every litter.... after we lost our little girl Cheech was nuetered & it barely altered his dominant aggression so for years it was just Cheech &I until Graycie ...... I often brought him to the facility intro room to try different cats and kittens with him- Graycie he ignored completely,we took her home with us.....

Anyway,there's a right " one" out there.....in this I'm confident...... I'm sure I could've worked to modify Cheechs behavior and have him tolerate ANY cat but when I came home I didn't want to work after doing that 8,10 & 12 hrs a day,lol No worries,enjoy the present!

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly,it does not bear thinking about at this time -unless of course your thinking about bringing in another kitty now

As our cats get older they often mellow with age and of course circumstances & environments are different which also contributes to behavior as well.... so,you don't know what lies ahead-cross that bridge when you come to it
Also,a word of encouragement- My Cheech (Hemingway)was a breeder( for years) .... hated other cats,vicious & highly aggressive especially being an intact male plus super protective of his woman(lol) and every litter.... after we lost our little girl Cheech was nuetered & it barely altered his dominant aggression so for years it was just Cheech &I until Graycie ...... I often brought him to the facility intro room to try different cats and kittens with him- Graycie he ignored completely,we took her home with us.....

Anyway,there's a right " one" out there.....in this I'm confident...... I'm sure I could've worked to modify Cheechs behavior and have him tolerate ANY cat but when I came home I didn't want to work after doing that 8,10 & 12 hrs a day,lol No worries,enjoy the present!
Cheech sounds similar to Magnus. He was only about 18 months old when we got him, but he had all that tomcat aggression in spades and never lost it through his 22 years with us. At least he didn’t spray in the house!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Cheech sounds similar to Magnus. He was only about 18 months old when we got him, but he had all that tomcat aggression in spades and never lost it through his 22 years with us. At least he didn’t spray in the house!
Oh goodness-right? Yes,Cheech never sprayed either or he'd likely have been nuetered years earlier!lol Was Magnus intact as well?

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So sorry that Willow is behaving this way. I think it's best to ask your questions here in Cat Behavior because those that knows how to handle such situation may not come into this thread as this is not a cat behavior forum and they won't be able to notice your questions.
i think it depends what time of the month it is for her, even though she's spayed

if she's the newcomer she will accept other cats, its when the other cat is the newcomer that if she's in the wrong mood she gets into a rage

she can never be trusted around children - human children i mean - she rushes the gate with her ears back and swipes under the gate if a child is passing by the house, going home from school, if she's outside in the yard at school kicking out time

yet in the garden, she will just stay put in her hiding place and just pretends the child cannot get her there

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh goodness-right? Yes,Cheech never sprayed either or he'd likely have been nuetered years earlier!lol Was Magnus intact as well?
He was when he was still at the RSPCA shelter, they neutered him before we brought him home, of course.
The real joke was that he seemed so sweet and cuddly when we met him. What we didn’t know was that he was coming down with the flu! After he recovered (don’t ask me about steam for cats with flu 🤧) he showed his true colours - and and I had the scars to prove it!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
He was when he was still at the RSPCA shelter, they neutered him before we brought him home, of course.
The real joke was that he seemed so sweet and cuddly when we met him. What we didn’t know was that he was coming down with the flu! After he recovered (don’t ask me about steam for cats with flu 🤧) he showed his true colours - and and I had the scars to prove it!
Yes,I believe you mentioned that to me when I was trapping Timmy and he sent me to the ER!!!! Lol The things we do for love,huh?

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, first there was Cosette, the cat who rescued herself. She was in front of my house one frigid February night when my middle son came home from work and insisted it was so cold "it must be illegal" for her to be outside. The picture doesn't really show it, but she was very underweight.
CosyInGarage.JPG
She scarfed the food I put down in the time it took me to make her a litterbox, when she emitted what might have been a bio-weapon grade stinky poo. Took her to the vet, got her healthy so that she could meet my then four resident cats.
CosyInSink.JPG
While she might be a dilute tortie, her tortitude is full volume!

Then came the year of the Kittenpocalypse, when I had three females show up, probable littermates. They were gray with white feet (Socks), gray tabby (Lady Jane), and dilute calico (Callie). Between the three of them, there were nine kittens that I saw, and two survivors--Jemmy from Socks and Leo from Callie. Socks and Lady Jane went on to be TNR'd, Callie disappeared. But Jemmy and Leo were young and could have a chance at becoming indoor kitties.
august2020.PNG At first, I could only get pictures from inside when they were on my driveway.
JemmyAndLeoOutside.jpg Then I could be outside and get a picture. And then I captured them and brought them into my bathroom.
JemmyAndLeoUnderSink.jpg
They were neutered and nursed through upper respiratory infections. Within a month, they no longer were in isolation and met the others and decided that things were pretty fine inside. They remain best buddies, which certainly would not have been true if they had both not been neutered. They were approximately 6 months old when I caught them and brought them indoors.
LeoAndJemmyNow.jpg
It's too soon for a then/now perspective on Pandora. Maybe next year.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, first there was Cosette, the cat who rescued herself. She was in front of my house one frigid February night when my middle son came home from work and insisted it was so cold "it must be illegal" for her to be outside. The picture doesn't really show it, but she was very underweight.
View attachment 457823
She scarfed the food I put down in the time it took me to make her a litterbox, when she emitted what might have been a bio-weapon grade stinky poo. Took her to the vet, got her healthy so that she could meet my then four resident cats.
View attachment 457824
While she might be a dilute tortie, her tortitude is full volume!

Then came the year of the Kittenpocalypse, when I had three females show up, probable littermates. They were gray with white feet (Socks), gray tabby (Lady Jane), and dilute calico (Callie). Between the three of them, there were nine kittens that I saw, and two survivors--Jemmy from Socks and Leo from Callie. Socks and Lady Jane went on to be TNR'd, Callie disappeared. But Jemmy and Leo were young and could have a chance at becoming indoor kitties.
View attachment 457825 At first, I could only get pictures from inside when they were on my driveway.
View attachment 457827 Then I could be outside and get a picture. And then I captured them and brought them into my bathroom.
View attachment 457828
They were neutered and nursed through upper respiratory infections. Within a month, they no longer were in isolation and met the others and decided that things were pretty fine inside. They remain best buddies, which certainly would not have been true if they had both not been neutered. They were approximately 6 months old when I caught them and brought them indoors.
View attachment 457829
It's too soon for a then/now perspective on Pandora. Maybe next year.
Thank you HERO(ine)!!! Cosette, Jemmy and Leo are irresistible! *But of course. They're FELINE.* :redheartpump: :loveeyes:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise