Show Us Your Rescues : Then and Now Photos

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 457187 for saving Bella and Sami. They are lovely! :hearthrob::redheartpump:
They Saved me.....Graycie,Max and Timmy are all rescues as well.... So many kitties need homes,my Vet says there must be a sign somewhere in the neighborhood that cats read ' This way to Kwiks house ".....:gingercat::runningcat:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's Graycie( about 6mos before she learned how to go through the cat flap) -My Cheech( RIP,he was very ill here almost 19yrs old) Graycie wouldn't leave his side......

They day Cheech didn't come home & I brought Bella home I was so beside myself so Graycie took good care of baby Bella and me- she's one of those cats that stays by the sick or broken hearted( and normally she's likes her space)
She's "Amazing Grace",my girl
20170329_024223_HDR.jpg
20170805_103724.jpg
20170131_112127_HDR.jpg
20170622_075542.jpg
20170227_020733_HDR.jpg
20201213_003314_(1).jpg

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bella-the day I lost my Cheech(RIP)-I was leaving with an empty carrier,unbeknownst to me this little one escaped her cage,everyone was trying to catch her......
A terrified baby leaped into my arms and held on for dear life......I reciprocated,my Bella then & nowView attachment 457177View attachment 457178View attachment 457179
I love the pic of her yawning - she looks like she's doing her best bat impersonation. 😄

What a remarkable way for you two to come together!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the pic of her yawning - she looks like she's doing her best bat impersonation. 😄

What a remarkable way for you two to come together!
Lol,she was my little vamp bat!I was at the Vet constantly near the end with my boy Cheech ,I had my eye on that little dark one no one wanted,her sister was brightly colored- they were inseparable

I had already told them I'd take her the week before if they didn't get adopted as a pair-I was the only person who had held her a few times and she'd stop screaming..... she spotted me as I was leaving in tears when all the Vet techs were trying to get her..... I didn't even know what was happening but saw a little face racing towards me ,she leaped & was stuck to me like Velcro- the photo that looks like she's scruffed was a Vet tech helping to PEEL her off me..... my hand was under her little bottom -I said"Do you want to come home with me"?

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Timmy-wish I had photos of him emaciated to show you all but it doesn't even bear thinking about,at first he was so hidden I could barely see him peeking out of a bush and then it took many months before anything in my hands did not send him running

So his " before" photos are about 6 months after I began treating him for parasites and on a high protein diet ...

Then first captured to confinement 75 days ago until now-laying in front of me in tye living room:
IMG_20220827_061349928.jpg
IMG_20220827_061449820.jpg
IMG_20220718_205659168.jpg
IMG_20230602_074125079.jpg
20230619_130720.jpg
20230816_011540.jpg
20230815_054506.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Timmy-wish I had photos of him emaciated to show you all but it doesn't even bear thinking about,at first he was so hidden I could barely see him peeking out of a bush and then it took many months before anything in my hands did not send him running

So his " before" photos are about 6 months after I began treating him for parasites and on a high protein diet ...

Then first captured to confinement 75 days ago until now-laying in front of me in tye living room:
Yea, Timmy said, 'Kwik', get into her house! :redheartpump: :hearthrob: :lol:

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Timmy is such a handsome boy - and looks exactly like our late Thomas, or TomTom, who crossed the Bridge thirty years ago next month. He was a darling boy, abandoned by unspeakable neighbours as a kitten. We got him up to the vet for neutering and his shots quicksmart. Poor boy only lived eight years before cancer got him.

7FA3E4B7-6E7A-4FD3-B6DA-7D6A7E0F67D3.jpeg

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Timmy is such a handsome boy - and looks exactly like our late Thomas, or TomTom, who crossed the Bridge thirty years ago next month. He was a darling boy, abandoned by unspeakable neighbours as a kitten. We got him up to the vet for neutering and his shots quicksmart. Poor boy only lived eight years before cancer got him.

View attachment 457260
Wow,I would've thought that was Timmy up in a tree!TomTom had the same almond shaped eyes -twins! Brother from another mother,lol

So sad to only have 8 yrs,glad he had you to give him 8good years....Timmy is 7,he's been alone and hiding for 6 yrs,also an unspeakable neighbor imo ( how does anyone TNR a little kitten back out into a Condo parking lot all by himself)?If only I knew he was out there 7 years ago.....

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow,I would've thought that was Timmy up in a tree!TomTom had the same almond shaped eyes -twins! Brother from another mother,lol

So sad to only have 8 yrs,glad he had you to give him 8good years....Timmy is 7,he's been alone and hiding for 6 yrs,also an unspeakable neighbor imo ( how does anyone TNR a little kitten back out into a Condo parking lot all by himself)?If only I knew he was out there 7 years ago.....
I thought the same when I saw Timmy - the green almond shaped eyes, the long strong muzzle, the grey tabby! Geographically and temporally removed brothers!

Poor Timmy, that's horrible. At least Tom was in a cul de sac, so no real danger of traffic, and we were there. I don't know why his "owners" bought him, they never showed any interest. He'd be waiting for them at the gate for them and they'd ignore him.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought the same when I saw Timmy - the green almond shaped eyes, the long strong muzzle, the grey tabby! Geographically and temporally removed brothers!

Poor Timmy, that's horrible. At least Tom was in a cul de sac, so no real danger of traffic, and we were there. I don't know why his "owners" bought him, they never showed any interest. He'd be waiting for them at the gate for them and they'd ignore him.
That's heartbreaking,I feel bad when I leave for 2 hours and they all come running but Sami waits in the window hammock( aww)watching for my return...poor little TomTom,must've killed you to see him sitting there getting ignored like a statue
I don't get people? Oh and 2yrs ago when I found out about Timmy he was hit by a car and had a broken leg( that's how I met him-I took care of him under a bush)-he started following me around from under the bushes and hedges ever since then( I walk my cats every night on leashes)....he didn't know what to make of all those cats,lol

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gorgeous big-eyed tigertabs! Our beloved angel Samuda was like that, too. He was first spotted running full tilt after a couple, on a busy boulevard, by us after we left a restaurant. He ran for several blocks, so my ex parked and asked the people if he was theirs. They said no, so he scooped him up.
He rose un-carrier'd all the way home, very happily and calmly, lounging in the back window enjoying the sights. Our vet estimated him to be about 4 months old. He was all eyes and ears, and stripes. He never met anyone he didn't like. From the very start, he was the friendliest and most social of cats.
IMG_1194.JPG

Our beloved angel Samuda, in tiger position, in the catio, in the Mojave. Those were the happiest of days! :redheartpump: :heartshape:

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's heartbreaking,I feel bad when I leave for 2 hours and they all come running but Sami waits in the window hammock( aww)watching for my return...poor little TomTom,must've killed you to see him sitting there getting ignored like a statue
I don't get people? Oh and 2yrs ago when I found out about Timmy he was hit by a car and had a broken leg( that's how I met him-I took care of him under a bush)-he started following me around from under the bushes and hedges ever since then( I walk my cats every night on leashes)....he didn't know what to make of all those cats,lol
It was, we'd see it every day and wonder why they'd bought him. You can bet that the minute we realised they'd moved out and left him, we swooped! That was how he got his name - he was the little tom over the road (they hadn't even bothered getting him neutered). Tom sort of stuck.

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Same here, I feel bad for being out at work ALL DAY then getting the "why did you leave us ALL ALONE, meowmy" meeting at the door every day :catrub: :catrub: