She’s Very Pregnant. (update: It's Finally Time!)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Okay, you’ll want to tape the legs with sports tape asap - first to straighten them. Then, once they appear straighter you’ll want to fasten a homemade “brace” out of cardboard or plaster of paris that will continue to form the legs into the proper shape, allowing for a bend at the joints and the paws.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lady mags

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks! I hadn’t done that before. My male Columbus was born that way and we did exercise, I’ll get some tape and try it. Thanks again!

Lady mags

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
In case anyone’s interested... Maggie is such a good mama, her babies are growing nicely. I have been working with the little girls legs and they seem to be improving. Maggie not only doesn’t mind me visiting her little closet, she frequently comes to get me and leads me to her kittens. As sweet as this all is I have an appointment for her in 2 months for her spay, and daddy cat goes in 2 weeks for his neuter.

Attachments

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Be sure to keep dad away from mom for a month after his neuter. He may still be fertile.

Lady mags

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks! I had read that somewhere too.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are ALL very interested! I am so happy everything sounds like it is going well, I bet those little ones are growing up fast! Maggie sounds like a good little mother. My litters were just around 80 days apart, so they can mate withing a few days of giving birth, you don't want two litters to find homes for like I had! Keep daddy away!